Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. rudiagusw

rudiagusw Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah you are right. anyway we can extend the battery life by disconnect the internet if we just reading or working with ms office, right? 1.5 hours short is not a big deal.

2. jak781

jak781 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys, i'm new hear. At first sorry for my bad english :) I want to ask you about playing with AC adapter. I mean, when you are playing some games, you have 100% battery and plugged AC adapter, right? But how do you care about battery life? I've noticed in Dell Power Manager option "mainly with AC adapter" but i'm not sure that is working.. What do you think about it?

3. paranoiaboi

paranoiaboi Newbie

Reputations:
    I just did my screen panel swap for Samsung LTN156HL02-201. I got it on ebay for $40. The seller had a pic of the sticker on the back of the panel so i knew it was a legit panel.

I followed this guide. I only used my fingers to take apart the panel and a small screwdriver for the screws.

Sorry, i didn't take a before pic, but looking at the screen in person is SO good!! My biggest con about this laptop was the screen quality. I highly recommend anyone swapping their panel if they're unhappy with their screen quality!!

Taken with Samsung Note 8:
    [​IMG]

The last thing i want to do is swap the keyboard for one that isn't red. I'm hoping the keyboard from the Dell 5567 or 5567 works on this one.

polihedron, rudiagusw and custom90gt like this.
  4. scene_cachet

scene_cachet Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

So with the screen is it possible to change the brightness or is that still an issue? Also I hear the EU/UK version has the white LED backlight keyboard, so you could probably get the part number from someone in the UK.

5. scene_cachet

Reputations:
    On another note...

Has anyone tried to overclock their 2400mhz ram to 2666mhz? I have heard that this is possible.

Is there much of an advantage in doing this?

6. paranoiaboi

paranoiaboi Newbie

Reputations:
    from what i've been reading, the brightness change issue is only if you change to a 120hz panel. Changing the screen brightness on mine works perfectly!

For keyboard swap, someone swapped theirs with a 7567 keyboard and it works fine!
    see here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/77y25o/dell_7577_keyboard_and_trackpad_swap/

my only hesitation is that getting to the keyboard takes lots of steps...

7. scene_cachet

Reputations:

Ahh that is good to know! I thought I would be trading off the brightness settings, Is it possible for you to give the model number of the samsung screen? If you think it is a vast improvement I will look at changing the screen myself.

The red light keyboard doesn't bother me too much, only thing that bothers me is there is no setting for it to auto dim or turn off when not in use... My VAIO's in the past always had the auto dim/turn off timer option.

8. rudiagusw

rudiagusw Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Excuse me. After you changed your screen, do your screen has more brightness than your old screen (stock screen)? i am curious about which part of the laptop that control the amount of brightness on screen. Is it the screen itself, or bios setup, or pc driver or whatever?
    I mean, do you have easier time to use your laptop for outdoor use now or the brightness level is now the same as old screen?

9. paranoiaboi

paranoiaboi Newbie

Reputations:
    i haven't used it outdoors. the screen brightness seems the same or maybe a little better. The vibrancy of the colors definitely make it feel brighter.

This is the screen i got from ebay:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-LTN156HL02-201-15-6-Matte-LCD-Screen-/263443051466

10. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just curious if anyone else is familiar with Hackintosh notebooks. I am currently working on my Hackintosh install but I'm starting from square 1 basically so I've got about 5+ years worth of reading and documentation to catch up on. It will likely be a while until I get it all figured out.