Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. FireLantern

FireLantern Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you have any troubles considering Kaby Lake and windows 7? Any info would be valuable cause I'm thinking of running Windows 8.1

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I used @Atak_Snajpera 's Windows 7 Image Updater tool to press an updated copy of my stock Win7x64.iso with updates and drivers baked into it. I then used Rufus to make my USB drive bootable via UEFI for an easy GPT installation to my completely wiped drive. Once I figured out a BIOS setting quirk that makes no sense to me that was causing Windows 7 to NOT boot the day went much better. I just got all 3 of the installs up and running how I want them late last night so today I will see about getting all the drivers in place to make sure everything works correctly. So far it is all good though. I'll report back later.

ITstuff likes this.
  3. greye05

greye05 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So in the end whats the recommended lcd replacement and a recommended place to get it. Im more interested in high color gamut, matte display

4. fayth

fayth Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    will be 7577 work on windows 8.1 64bitt ?

5. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes, Win8 should work fine, but the tool I mentioned is only for Windows 7 afaik. Just get a Win8 image in .iso format and use Rufus to create a GPT(UEFI)/FAT32 boot drive then install like usual if you only want Win8.

6. paranoiaboi

paranoiaboi Newbie

Reputations:
    I took this from a comment on reddit... I think the 7577 should work with all of these too.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SuggestALaptop/comments/5wz2jl/dell_7567_gaming_laptop_screen_replacement/
    • AUO B156HAN01.2
    • LG LP156WF6-SPB1
    • LG LP156WF6-SPB5
    • LG LP156WF6-SPB6
    • Samsung LTN156HL01-102 (not the -101 variant)
    • Samsung LTN156HL01-104
    • Samsung LTN156HL02-201
    Personally i ordered a Samsung LTN156HL02-201 from ebay and now i'm waiting for it to come. I hope it works!

rudiagusw likes this.
  7. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:
    Has anyone installed the new BIOS Dell put up a few days ago ?

I am still on the pre intel crisis bios and wondering if anyone had bit the bullet yet.

8. old_fart_gamer

old_fart_gamer Newbie

Reputations:
    Ive read this thread and maybe I missed it, so here it goes.

Got my 7577 yesterday from Wallyworld for $999 with 4k/i7/128 ssd/1tb spinny.
    I have a question, but be patient please. I stepped away from PC gaming for many years and so the new form factors are new to me and I am reading up on it and learning.
    That is why I am here.
    I bought for casual gaming and video editing.

So I updated memory to 24gb obviously a 4 year old could do that, but I thought i would get my system with one 16gb module (itemized list said 1) and jump to 32gb but nope, it was two 8s...
    Updated windows and bios and all drivers.

Here is where my age shows and its new to me (but i'm trying and learning).
    It has sata 128gb NVMe installed in laptop and I bought a Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD to upgrade. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M20VBU7/)

The goal was to use Samsung magician to clone current drive to a temporary Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III SSD via USB to SATA cable, then reboot off of that, swap out the new M.2 NVMe drive and clone from external to internal.

Issues I ran into.
    Samsung Magician says none of my drives are compatible which makes no sense to me...(I assume this is because of next issue)
    Dell ships in raid mode, and I believe I have to get into AHCI mode?
    Can I even replace my sata NVMe drive with an M.2 NVMe drive?

If someone has a tutorial link or walkthru or can it explain it, I would appreciate it.
    I've read countless threads such as this one: https://www.dell.com/community/General/inspiron-15-gaming-7567-M2-ssd-question/td-p/5104877/page/10
    Most deal with clean installs and I'm trying to avoid buying a copy of win 10 if can

Thanks!

9. vibhawa

vibhawa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Sir you can install a new copy on your new samsung drive. I find no sense in cloning(too much bloatware by default). If you are worried about windows licence, i read somewhere here in this thread only that it is automatically restored in new windows installing. Also there are numerous tools available to backup your key.

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk

10. greye05

greye05 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well finally got mine, Have to say im really disappointed in dells packaging. They literally put the laptop inside the box with no protection what so ever. Thankfully it does not seem to have any physical damage. This was a scratch and dent unit, but i could not find a single thing wrong with it. It does say refurbished on the bottom plate so they might have send one of those the.

I do have one problem that is driving me crazy, the left speaker is crackling heavily when the volume goes past 70%. Now The screen while is not great is not really that terrible, is usable and mate wich is a plus. Im going to be upgrading in the month since i want to do some photo editing on it.

I did not get the samsung drive, mine is 256gb Toshiba X5g NvMe (not bad according to reviews i found).

Will dell warranty fix the issue with the speaker if im out side the continental USA at the time?

Screen is MONITOR\LGD053F any one have calibrated profiles for it. Back light bleed is present quite a lot as is some clouding. Colors seem ok at present settings

Specs
    16gb single dim
    256gb nvme
    1080p
    i7
    1tb 5400