Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. fayth

fayth Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    can i change m.2 from dell to the AHCI at the BIOS and doing factory reset without clean format the ssd ?

2. Stev3FrencH

Stev3FrencH Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know where the ambient and temp3 sensors are located? Ambient seems to be the one the fans are tied to and if I can find where that sensor is and help with cooling over it, maybe I can get these fans to behave and not spool up to max speed when my cpu and gpu are running in the 60s.

3. Vchat20

Vchat20 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So just got this laptop in yesterday and am very happy with it so far. One thing I noticed though, which seems to be a somewhat common occurrence based on recent searches, is the left click on the touchpad sticking when any weight is resting on the left 'palmrest'. Has anyone figured out any possible DIY resolutions to this? I'd rather keep contacting Dell as a last resort as I have a feeling it would be an automatic return, wait forever, get laptop back scenario that I'd prefer to avoid. As well, the situation isn't TOO bad as most of the time I'll likely be using an external mouse.

4. kweniston

kweniston Newbie

Reputations:
    Anybody know if there is a way to increase the key travel with a cover? I notice i'm pressing some keys too hard, and would love to make it feel a bit more like a normal keyboard. Standard keyboard covers/protectors are only 0.1 mm thick or so, so that does not help :). Anything exists that is a few mm thick for this purpose?

5. fknelite

fknelite Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I received my 7577 back after sending it off to Dell for keyboard issues. They did replace the keyboard which completely fixed the big issue that I was having that a single key would sometimes not register.

The replacement keyboard overall feels much more solid and I no longer have issues with any keys registering. I was a little hesitant to send it back since I thought it might be that the 7577 didn't have a great keyboard and replacing it wouldn't help. It did take about 10 days total from when I contacted them until when I got it back but it was worth it.

6. esabawz

esabawz Newbie

Reputations:
    my 7577 is reaching over 90°C on CPU and 82°C GPU while playing Overwatch. It does not seem like there is any throttling, but something does not seem right since some of you guys have temps that dont go above 70°. Is there anything I can do? There is no dust on the fans.

Thanks for your help

7. FireLantern

FireLantern Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Jesus I thought mine was running hot cause it ran 70-80 in more demanding games.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

8. Wertzius

Wertzius Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The I7-7700K Version is more hot in general. 90 degrees is fine.

9. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yay, clean UEFI (GPT) triple boot install. Windows 7, Windows 10, and Ubuntu are all up and running, living happily on a single NVMe SSD. :D It's been a long day of tinkering.

custom90gt likes this.
  10. vibhawa

vibhawa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    7700k?

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk