Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Wertzius

Wertzius Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The Thunderbolt Port offers Displayport, the adapter to HDMI is cheap.

2. fayth

fayth Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Screenshot (2).png
    i have the same model with you, but i upgrade the ram to 12gb. 4+8.

i m getting temperature around 70-80 after 1.5 hours PUBG this is the HWmonitor screenshoot.

is this normal for i5-7300hq + 1060MQ ?

3. unske

unske Newbie

Reputations:
    I am in the same boat with you. Downloaded HWinfo but i am a bit scared to tweak the fan speeds. I dont know about the 4k but i am considering to buy a better fhd display in the future. The colors of the current display wont improve much no matter how you tweak it.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  4. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So while I don't have the 4k screen version of this laptop, I do have experience with the same setup you have and experience with other UHD screens in laptops and desktops. 4k screens look great, no doubt about that. They are sharp and often times the colors pop due to better color coverage. I have heard great things about the 4k panel in the 7577 but would still shy away from that display for a few reasons.
    1. The cpu/gpu power to push games at 4k is not quite there in the setup here. Sure the i7 is great and can crank out 4k but the 1060 MQ will have problems. Lower end games and mobas should be ok, but if ultra 1080p (native) will look better than ultra 1080p scaled down from 4k (aka non-native). This means you can't even turn the settings down to get better graphics settings. Now lowering to low or med graphics to play at native 4k at 60fps, nah. It won't look better than ultra. It will look sharper, sure, but the little elements and effects are gone. To me, those little things make the difference.
    2. The hit on battery life will be insane. As a student, you seem to bring it to school and don't want to bring the charger. 4k screens usually lower the battery life by about 20%. Tag on the i7 and other things, if you get 6 hours now, you may only get around 4 hours or so. Can you live with that? I rather have 2 hours more unteathered. I will say that the base screen is pretty bad and to me looks very washed out, so the 4k screen is tempting, but maybe just upgrade to a better panel? 1080p screens are pretty cheap and maybe someone offers a better one out there. I haven't looked but who knows.
    3. Extra cost. I think that the i7 is probably only worth it if you plan to use it. I don't know what your workload is like, but the i5 seems very well suited for the 1060 MQ and probably doesn't bottle neck it much if at all. $300 more for things you can't upgrade later may be worth it, but the i5 should last for 3 to 4 years and still be plenty fast.

All in all, if you have a good one and it suits your needs, I think you are good with it. Then again, if you will always think... "I should have just upgraded" and suffer from extreme buyers remorse, then get what makes you happy. Think of it this way, if you save money now, you can go with something more powerful when that comes out in a few years. Best of Luck!

rudiagusw and Tony96 like this.
  5. Tony96

Tony96 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's completely normal. The thermal management in this laptop is really good.
    You might consider undervolt your laptop to get the temperature down a little more. I used XTU and lower the volatage by -0.100V.
    [​IMG]

I saw a decrease of ~3 degree celsius, not too much but still pretty good.

I haven't done enough research for screen tweak and fan control, might as well do it this weekend.
    However, I think changing the screen is a good idea and a must for better experience. One of the reason is that I managed to overclock my screen from 60HZ to 65HZ (artifacts occured when I set 66HZ).

Your detailed advice is much appreciated. It is hard to decide cause my experience with this laptop was good. I want to utilize the 30-day return to finally decide to stick with this laptop, return and buy the i7 + 4k screen or buy another laptop that has more portability and battery life.

Yes the 4k screen for me is optional, but the i7 is really tempting. My main reason is that a lot of software I use such as Premiere Pro and Photoshop are CPU intensive. Right now I am leaning towards return the laptop and buy an i7, but I need to test more on the battery life and stuffs.

6. Tony96

Reputations:
    Overclocking Dell 7577 internal monitor:

Just want to share my experience right here. Because this is one good reason to change the screen of the laptop. The screen of my Dell 7577 is LGD053F. You can find the screen ID at Device Manager -> Monitors -> Generic PnP Monitor -> Right click & Click Properties -> Details tab -> Hardware IDs.

I followed the instructions in the link below.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...tor-intel-intel-optimus.802167/#post-10482324

The driver I used was the Intel Graphics 630 Graphic Driver, my version is 22.20.16.4836.
    http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/jgxj3m2/drivers

I managed to get the screen up to 65 HZ.
    [​IMG]

But other FHD IPS screen in the thread resulted in much higher HZ (average about 75-100HZ) so I believed that the LGD didn't have enough power to overclock to higher refresh rate. Another screen that could overclock to 100HZ would be neat.

I have been using the laptop for 2 days now and everything looks and works fine. Not much difference, but I think it worths a try. I would love to know if you guys have other screen or achieve better results.

7. vibhawa

vibhawa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Few, in the thread, swapped their panels from that of 7559 or other replacements.

Stock was not overclocked AFAIK.

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk

8. fknelite

fknelite Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone else having problems with their keyboard on their 7577? My L key barely registers a hit unless I hit it really hard. It provides a little feedback when clicking which makes me think it registered but doesn't always. I convinced Dell Support to replace it but I am worried that I am going to send it back and 10 days later get back the fixed one with the same issue. Common problem?

9. edgemaster191

edgemaster191 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Here's a strange one, I asked over on Reddit but no one really had an answer:

My display will become unresponsive at random. When this happens, a simple tap of the power button puts the machine to sleep, tap the button again and the machine wakes up and everything works again.

While the machine appears frozen, if I press the Windows key or say Windows +M to minimize everything, or just click the mouse on the screen, then put the machine to sleep and wake it again, the start menu will be open or the Windows will all be minimized, text will be highlighted, etc. It's as if there is just a static image over on the screen and it's not being updated, but the machine itself is still functioning in the background.

What i've tried: I did a fresh installation of Windows 10 Home, I tried with the drivers from Windows Update, I tried the drivers from Dell's website, and I grabbed the latest GeForce driver from NVIDIA'a website, same issue. I have also updated to the most recent BIOS.

The only solution I have found that seems to work is forcing everything to use the GTX 1060, while not ideal, at least the machine is usable.

Another odd thing is that now that the machine isn't hanging on me and being weird, I notice some odd frame drops and hiccups when minimizing Chrome or trying to scroll on a web page. Sometimes there is the slightest delay, it's really weird.

For context, my three year old Inspiron 7352 doesn't have these strange hangups and frame drops and it's nowhere near as powerful as the 7577.

If i do a fresh installation of WIndows 10 on the 7577, everything is quick and smooth, but i run in to the screen freezing issue. Once i change a few things to make everything use the 1060, it gets weird again, but the screen doesn't freeze on me.

Games work fine, I can play Fortnite for hours and the machine just works, it maintains a solid 60fps and there's no issues.

I have run the built in diagnostics a few times now with no errors and I tried chatting with Dell support but they weren't able to find anything unusual.

Specs:

i7-7700HQ

16GB DDR4

512PCIe NVMe

1TB 5400RPM

GTX 1060

4K display

10. Tony96

Reputations:
    Just done some benchmark of Zelda: BOTW using Cemu 1.11.3, the avg fps is really good!

1080P, Vsync off.

60% percent of the time in shrine (~60fps), 40% in broad area.
    "2018-01-30 20:19:11 - Cemu
    Avg: 54.505 - Min: 27 - Max: 61"

100% in broad area, lots of things to render.
    2018-02-05 00:41:59 - Cemu
    Avg: 50.456 - Min: 35 - Max: 61"

[​IMG]

My model is a i5 so I expect i7 to have a better result since Cemu relies a lot on CPU. My core clock does not hit the maximum capacity (3.5 GHZ), I wonder why.
    But the temp is really good. Just get into the game so gonna spend some more time to see if I can tweak up to 60 fps constant.

FireLantern and Dulus_No like this.