Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell Inspiron and Dell Studio' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. custom90gt

custom90gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Lol no you didn't upset me, I didn't know if you were serious or not about going back to clevo because you can't disable optimus. Sadly I know of no work around to disable it or enable fast sync.

2. Dr@gon

Dr@gon Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So due to my CPU throttling quite alot with Windows 10 freezing(Not as much as it used to be) Im gonna undervolt it using the Intel XTU.
    I am curious to know what was the undervolting mileage yall got?

3. vibhawa

vibhawa Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone applied meltdown and spectre patch?
    How much has the performance decreased?

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk

4. rudiagusw

rudiagusw Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I found a link that explain how to enable fast sync. it is said that any Maxwell or pascal GPU can enable it. It can be activated via nvidia control panel.
    It doesn't say anything about optimus preventing the fast sync to activate.
    https://beebom.com/what-is-nvidia-fast-sync-enable/

5. B0B

B0B Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    They didn't say Optimus prevents Fast-Sync because they didn't check :)

6. Crazylegs1138

Crazylegs1138 Newbie

Reputations:
    Wouldn't the internal screen have to support the tech for it to work (like G-Sync or FreeSync)? Or is fast sync just a fancy word for V-Sync? If it's just V-Sync, you could use something like Rivatuner to cap your fps. For me (on my older computer, not a 7577) it worked better than most internal V-Sync solutions.

Doing some Googling on Fast-Sync, it sounds like it just selectively drops frames once you pass your monitor's refresh rate, thus eliminating screen tearing but maintaining a lower input lag. Unless you are a competive gamer playing twitch shooters, I'm not sure if the difference would be noticeable vs regular v-sync or something like Rivatuner.

Alternatively, if you were playing on an external monitor through the HDMI, it should bypass Optimus completely. Would the Fast Sync work then? I don't see why not unless Nvidia has hard locked the feature completely.

7. B0B

B0B Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Bold for correct and well said! I'm a 144hz gamer and I can tell FPS withing 10 FPS, anything between 30Hz and 120Hz so it matters to me. It's a blessing and a curse. Connecting this unit via HDMI to an external monitor does not bypass this. I have tried. It seems it's about how the monitor is physically connected to the source and it pipes into the iGPU directly, then channels into the dGPU. The only way to allow Fast-Sync on an Optimus equipped laptop is to have a built-in MUX switch. This will allow software or ultimately BIOS level switching between integrated and dedicated graphics.

8. Crazylegs1138

Crazylegs1138 Newbie

Reputations:
    Huh. I'm seeing people report the opposite - that an HDMI connected monitor is only driven by the dedicated card. They can't even pull up the Intel Video settings menu (when you right click) when on the second monitor. Supposedly this is done intentionally for gaming and VR purposes. I've also seen some people report that disabling the internal monitor and only using the external works as well...effectively disabling the iGPU. Not sure if this applies to Fast Sync though.

https://www.dell.com/community/Gene...y-Nvidia-Intel-igpu-Do-Not-detect/m-p/5176059

Would be really disappointing if there are issues regarding the HDMI. I have heard that Optimus causes problems when using the Oculus Rift...but I have also heard (in this thread) that the Oculus works perfectly fine.

9. fayth

fayth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i m getting stutter delay when right click on the desktop when i m trying to refresh, its very annoying. anyone geting the same problem with this issues??

and how to disable trackpad ?? I don't find any trackpad disable on keyboard lol.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  10. Wertzius

Wertzius Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Already mentioned a few times, it is a bug and not fixed yet.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018