Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. FireLantern

FireLantern Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It's not bad but do know that you will have some backlight bleed.
    After calibration it's actually quite decent but actually but it's definitely worse than the UHD screen.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. Crazylegs1138

Crazylegs1138 Newbie

Reputations:
    Ahh ok. So does this mean that gaming in general should always be done plugged in? That's ok with me...I need something portable but I will always be near an outlet. This is good information to know though.

So running through a cord, even if the battery is charging, is totally fine/safe?

Glad to hear someone has used VR with the 7577 without issue though!

3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Refrain from doing that continuously. If battery is charging and you are using PC, the battery will get super hot and you'll have more wear level and decrease in battery capacity. So, let it cool down for 1 hr and then charge. That way, the cells won't degrade.
    I'm using Alienware 15 with 980M and not Inspiron 15.

4. Crazylegs1138

Crazylegs1138 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for the reply. One more quick question (sorry). If the battery is fully charged at 100% and I'm plugged in with the power cord, do I still need to worry about the battery overheating, or does the power supply bypass the battery completely if its fully charged? Sorry for the noob questions...my last laptop wasn't used for anything intensive so I've never had to worry about something like this. Thanks!

5. Wertzius

Wertzius Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It is bypassed. Change the charging profile to "always on cord", this will help the battery.

6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    W10 does a good work of not overcharging. It will charge if its below 95% otherwise the moment you plug in AC adapter and battery charge = 95% it suddenly shows 100% Fully Charged thereby reducing battery wear levels.
    I'm on creators update. Atleast on creators it works that way.

7. B0B

B0B Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This unit I’m referring to has the UHD screen. Are you referring to the FHD panel?

8. FireLantern

FireLantern Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ah, my bad I misread that. Sorry wasn't quite awake when I was reading it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

9. johnrcas

johnrcas Newbie

Reputations:
    I have recently received one of these laptops and everything is great apart from the touchpad seems to have a very noticeable rattle / tapping / clicking sound even when lightly using my finger on it (Obviously not the usual 'click' you can get by pushing down).

I did see a potential fix but it was for the 7567 and didn't seem to correlate to the 7577 when I opened the bottom of mine up to have a look at. Has anybody else come across similar on the 7577? The trouble is I don't really want Dell to swap it out as another unit may have other issues!

10. B0B

B0B Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can Fast-Sync enable on these? Doesn't seem to allow it. Anyway to force Dedicated GPU to perhaps allow Fast-Sync function? I did try to force enable the GTX 1060 in the Nvidia settings....no luck getting Fast-Sync as an option.

Please advise,
    Bob