Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I just confirmed, on my Inspiron you right click the desktop, and then there is intel graphics settings button. You can go in there and adjust your display color settings etc.

Vasudev likes this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Not that color settings but the feature to set color profiles aka calibrated icc files optimised for photo,video editing or that guarantee full sRGB or RGB coverage for our specific monitor.

makenov, Maleko48 and don_svetlio like this.
  3. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Dell Power Manager can control your charge thresholds. There are also some settings for charging in the BIOS as well. This stuff is all in the user manual, or a quick Google or forum search away.

The iGPU is considered the master GPU and where you go into settings to adjust your screen colors, etc. Look under your Intel control panel. There are multiple ways to access it.

makenov and don_svetlio like this.
  4. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I have a spider for that. CLip it onto your monitor, and load the software...it automatically adjusts to Whatever profile you want to use. However, the person asked about adjusting the color etc on his monitor...I told him how.

Vasudev and makenov like this.
  5. prince.mononoke

prince.mononoke Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello Vasudev, regarding the screen colors, it seems that a good way way to solve the issue is to replace the screen, as the basic one has really low color accuracy. Our friend Polihedron found a way to do in page 46 of this thread, you can refer to it.

6. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Finally playing around with this other 7577 that I received. Sadly it doesn't undervolt as well as the first (this one will do -125mv where the other did -165mv) and it came with the slower toshiba vs the PM961 the first had. Over all however it's running nice and cool while doing prime95. I may repaste it just for fun though. The new Samsung PLS screen should be here in a couple of days so we will see how that looks (I'll try to get before and after pictures).

Maleko48 likes this.
  7. makenov

makenov Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh thank you, that is what I'm looking for. I mainly use this laptop on AC power and this Dell Power Manager app has this mode :D

Oh well, what I need is the icc profile and also how to add it :p. My IPS panel this 156WF6-4XK13 and I'm considering to buy display profiles since I found this site sells them for $5 each and $10 for all 3modes. Is there any suggestion for me? o_O
    http://laptopmedia.com/review/dell-inspiron-15-7577-gtx-1060-max-q-review-improved-but-still-flawed/

I also found that the camera sensor has poor "auto white balance". It produces "more yellow" image than normal (My room uses 5000k bulb (yellow sun)) , to fix this I manually light it with white flashlight.

Anyway, thank everybody for your kind responses:D and I'm sorry if my bad English is confusing:confused:.
    you know the feeling of getting a new laptop after 7 years is awwwwsomme....

Vasudev and Maleko48 like this.
  8. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nice link you shared, I'm going to add it to my Table of Contents in my dedicated 7577 Thread later tonight:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-details-pics-of-internals-optimizing.811380/

Vasudev likes this.
  9. vibhawa

vibhawa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Same configuration as earlier one or other this time?

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk

10. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Same - i5-7300HQ, 8GB ram (upgraded to 16), 256GB SSD (upgraded with my 1TB PM961). I would totally do an i7 but the 300 bucks more is crazy to me.

FireLantern, Vasudev and vibhawa like this.