Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Well considering they have the same GPU I would go with the 7567. It has a bigger battery than the 7577 and the extra ram is worth the $60 in my opinion. Just make sure it's not a terrible TN screen...

2. custom90gt

Reputations:
    So this morning I did a little research into the panel on the 7577 (lp156wf6-spm3) and am kind of shocked.

Here are the specs: IPS, Wideview 200nit brightness 600:1contrast rario, 45%NTSC color gamut

Notebookcheck test showed that it covers 55% of the sRGB spectrum. Not very good specs, in fact pretty terrible.

The LP156WF6-SPB1 that polihedron is using is at least 72%NTSC and 300nit brightness with a decent response time.

Looking at a ton of different reviews on notebookcheck and such here are the three screens I'm deciding between:

LG LP156WF6-SPB1
    AU Optronics B156HAN01.2
    Samsung LTN156HL01-102

Seems like they all have great colors with the samsung being the best however prices may differ a bit.

Another great option may be the LTN156HL06-C01 since it has a wider range of colors however finding one seems to be difficult.

If my XPS ever sells I'll buy a screen for the 7577, lol.

polihedron likes this.
  3. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just curious where you are pulling your specs from so others know where to look as well.

My UHD screen hardware model number is in my signature below and has very little solid info to be referenced on it online unlike the FHD options.

One of the links I posted earlier showed a before and after that was very obvious as to the improvement of the washed out colors.

Part of the reason I got the UHD screen was for its better brightness and color qualities than the FHD in addition to having more scaling options and text clarity when coding.

P.S.) @custom90gt wasn't there a guy looking for an XPS a little while back that I shouted you out to help make the connection? Or was it a 7577 he was looking for?

4. custom90gt

Reputations:
    I sourced my specs from a lot of different places. I like notebookcheck because they often use a calibrator to check the actual color response from the panel.

Another great source is http://www.panelook.com/sizmodlist....esolution_pixels=8180&signal_type_category=70

That lets you sort by color and all whole bunch of stuff

I ended up ordering a genuine LTN156HL01-101 for really cheap on ebay (hard to find genuine panels). It's a pull from a Asus Q501L that was "tested" so I hope it is in good shape.

I really like the UHD screens, but I couldn't swing it price wise...

Also that guy that was looking for solutions to his XPS throttling ended up just being a dell power manager setting. Everyone was pointing at VRM but no one actually tried to troubleshoot it so I helped him.

rudiagusw and Maleko48 like this.
  5. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ah, yes now I remember that XPS throttling thread. My memory is ****, lol.

I really wish someone would take some hard numbers on my screen model so I could know what I ended up with.

I sent an angry email to the Dell manager yesterday to light a fire under their ass and the case manager actually responded in a matter of hours saying he would be doing his best to make it happen.

I used @GoNz0 and your input to help create my email with some extra leverage and demanded the full 12 month standard warranty period in writing as a requirement on their part.

So I guess we will see in the next week or so what ends up happening. I told them I was tired of waiting and want my machine by the end of next week at the latest... AKA before Christmas damn it. Tonight is my last final for this semester. So excited to have a month off, but pissed I don't have my replacement machine yet. (-_-)

I was pretty impressed with that UK eBay seller's selection and organization of panels, but I'm not sure if their prices were good and their search and filter system does kind of suck on the eBay platform.

EDIT:

Also, to the guy in Turkey asking which Dell Inspiron to buy, doesn't the 7577 have a superior thermal handling system to the 7567?

6. custom90gt

Reputations:
    I'm sure your panel is awesome, the 4k panels that I have had in the 9550 were amazing screens.

One of these is likely your screen:
    www.panelook.com/modelsearch.php?keyword=B156ZAN

I still can't believe you don't have any word on your laptop. I ordered my wife a new inspiron 13 7373 from dell monday night and I received it yesterday...

7. polihedron

polihedron Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had the same list, and the LTN156HL06-C01 was on the top, until I visit the blog of the guys from some lcd store:

https://screen4less.blogspot.com/2017/08/ltn156hl06-c01-people-please-stop.html

I hope you will like Samsung panel

8. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Interesting that they posted that. I swear I saw a few people running it in their 7559 laptops even with the 6-bit cable. Oh well you can't find any genuine C01's anyway.

9. polihedron

polihedron Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    if they are using 6bit cable then it's not an 16.2M, 8bit Color Depth parameter display, but 262K, and I'm wondering how it's possible.
    Display is probably not genuine, it looks like chinese sellers are cheating on us.;D

10. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Yeah I dunno, I just saw people doing that.

I also recommend anyone buying a screen to look at the pictures to ensure they are genuine. The LG and Samsung displays are "compatible" versions most of the time - aka cheap panels that would likely not be a decent replacement.