Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. polihedron

polihedron Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    sorry for the quality, I had around only my washing mashine.;)
    P_20171212_000646.jpg P_20171212_000719.jpg

Maleko48 and custom90gt like this.
  2. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    polihedron and Maleko48 like this.
  3. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Do these help at all? As long as the connector pin count and exiting side are the same as the stock lcd screen, there's a decent chance it will work, especially with the amount of bezel space the 7577 has to work with. But I don't think all lcd screens pinouts are standardized unfortunately... I was under the impression the eDP standard was supposed to help alleviate that sort of stuff though.

Stock 7577 Display Connector 001.png Stock 7577 Display Connector 002.png Stock 7577 Display Connector 003.png

4. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Hey,
    that is helpful, thanks! The connector is typically standard however the placement isn't always. I'm curious what the best screen replacement would be for these. I'd really like something that is brighter with better colors. My old sager had what I consider the best screen I've seen in 1080p but I have to figure out what it was and if it would fit...

Maleko48 likes this.
  5. Maleko48

Reputations:
    I think the center hinge on the Dell 7577 makes the choice of LCD screen replacement much more flexible in conjunction with the generous bezel and wire routing space available since the exit side can be left or right (as long as it isn't in the far corners, but towards the center a bit). The last time I really looked hard into this topic was on my oddball 14" HP laptop (1366x768) from 2012 which was right around the time the major transition from LVDS to eDP was happening. LVDS had various pin counts and pinouts but I think eDP is more consistent and the primary variable becomes where the connector exits the LCD screen so it can fit within the bezel and have the proper wire routing room through the hinge area to the mobo.

I have a technical link that might help you decide:

http://www.vesa.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/DisplayPort-DevCon-Presentation-eDP-Dec-2010-v3.pdf

DISCLAIMER: It is an old technical document and likely outdated by now.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    custom90gt likes this.
  6. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Yeah it's really not the connector type I'm worried about, it's the positioning and I just wanted to verify it. The only hard part from here on out is finding the perfect screen, lol.

Maleko48 likes this.
  7. Maleko48

Reputations:
    https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Dell/INSPIRON 15 7577/

Try searching for : 15.6" AHVA lcd replacement screen

Size: 15.6-inch WideScreen (13.6" x 7.6")

It looks like as long as you find a 15.6-inch (13.6" x 7.6") screen with 30 pin connector (30 pin = for the FHD // 40 pin = for the UHD) with the position of the output connection correct, it's mostly up to you to decide which manufacturer makes the best quality, high gamut IPS screen that satisfies your visual requirements. I'm not necessarily recommending you buy from the link above, but they do have a nicely formatted set of data to get you in the right ballpark.

8. polihedron

Reputations:
    yes, it's my primary camera;)

regarding to replacement, even if you get best specs, perfect screen, you don't need to worry about eDP connector placement, you can order the longer wire, and probably you will manage to use free space inside the screen cover.

Maleko48 likes this.
  9. mrkingdomheartsboy

mrkingdomheartsboy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So nobody here used a 120hz panel from chi mei or AUO on this or any other laptop? Was curious since I remember they where stuck on max brightness when you install them and I was wondering if there's a fix for that or if there's a alternative.

10. polihedron

Reputations:
    as far as I know B156HTN05.2 120hz TN panel is working,
    and for brightness change, maybe you can use gamma control as an alternative solution?

have you seen this post?
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/dell-inspirion-7577.808514/page-19#post-10614149

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017