Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. FireLantern

FireLantern Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I plan on do that in the distant future to breath some life into the machine later down the line, so for me we are talking I a year maybe two. Until then I probably can not help you

I went with the base model so things like getting some more storage comes first.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. polihedron

polihedron Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm using my Dell also for dslr camera raw photo processing, and I didn't liked my photos when I saw them on the original LG LP156WF6-SPM3 display, there was huge difference in vibrance and saturation, especially for greens and reds. I found local store in Europe, with exact display model for a good price, ordered it, replaced, and I'm happy now.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    prince.mononoke likes this.
  3. prince.mononoke

prince.mononoke Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I agree with you the greens and reds are quite bad on the FHD screen. I was a bit surprised when I compared with my old laptop, even though this was reported in the existing reviews of the 7577. Is it difficult to replace the display when you are a noob like me, who never did this before ? Or did this european store replace the screen ? Could you tell me the name of this store pls ? I am thinking to update the screen as well.

4. polihedron

Reputations:
    Sure, it's easy to replace if you have tools. My favourite is old credit card, or some flat plastic stick to bend front cover a bit, and release the latches. That's the hardest part, you need to be carefull, and do not to bend to much the frame, and avoid pushing the screen. It's good to start from the outer top, any corner, or from innner side left, or right middle point, try to find the weakest point, and start from it. You can try it before ordering.
    In my Dell I have to use some medium force to open latches, because they are quite matched. You will need also small philips type screwdriver for 4 screws at the display, and something to open latch at the eDP connector. Quite easy if you have some basic diy skills.
    The store is in Prague, LCD Display Shop, you can order from them also replacing service.
    https://www.lcd-display.cz/

prince.mononoke likes this.
  5. prince.mononoke

prince.mononoke Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot for the information ! This is a good opportunity for a trip in this beautiful city of Prague :) I will try to contact them and see if we can arrange a replacement. Thanks again and have a nice day

polihedron likes this.
  6. polihedron

Reputations:
    I'm glad you like it,
    you can also send your laptop, but in my opinion it's a bit risky..
    forgot to mention, please check with some LCD testing software your display after replacement, my first recieved display had some thin, visible only on the dark background line issue:
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/le55d5erhtip9tv/DSC_0539.jpg
    no problems with the second one.

7. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you want to consider performing the operation yourself, the direct link to the PDF for the 7577 Service Manual is located here in pg1 post 1 in the ToC: A3.

AKA --> [#1.A.3]

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-details-pics-of-internals-optimizing.811380/

8. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Is that screen better for photo editing? Looking at the specs for the panel it seemed like a fairly low gamut screen but maybe I was looking at the wrong one. How is the brightness on it?

9. polihedron

Reputations:
    Well, I don't have tools to check it, and answer you for sure in numbers, but I can see it, and it's fine for me.
    LG LP156WF6-SPB1 is very bright at maximum setting, and colors are great.
    I'm not a professional gamer neither professional photografer, I like to play games from time to time, and make some good photos.
    I was looking for something like SAMSUNG LTN156HL01-102, or AUO B156HAN01.2 but not from chinese store with no warranty, or logistic trouble if the display panel need to be return to sender. I checked few stores, most of them are selling not the exact models, but cheap replacements.
    I think, if I would get samples of those display panels to compare in photo edit, or daily use, then probably it would be for me hard to find the difference.

custom90gt likes this.
  10. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I appreciate the info. Do you mind posting a picture of the connector on the stock screen and stock part number?