Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell Inspiron and Dell Studio' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Rackattack

Rackattack Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,

I bought my 7577 (i7) two weeks ago and am having issues right out of the gate. I've got a bit of light bleeding at the top of the screen by the web cam which is super noticeable on a 15.6" screen. Unfortunately I'm also having an issue with external audio devices plugged into the 3.5mm jack making popping and scratching noises when opening programs or switching through tabs in chrome etc. I've tried my external speakers, apple head phones and my beats by dre and it's happening with all three devices. Is anyone else having this issue? I've called Dell a few times in the last few days but keep getting newbs on the phone that are clearly reading from a script, so support has been basically non existent. I don't want to send it in for repair nor do I want a refurbished model in return. Any tips on how I can get good support in Canada?

Thanks!

Maleko48 likes this.
  2. Wertzius

Wertzius Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have you tried it without the power supply?

3. Rackattack

Rackattack Newbie

Reputations:
    Nope - I will try though!

4. kweniston

kweniston Newbie

Reputations:
    Same issue here, middle top of the screen, a very bright bleed, which I will not be able to live with. If I press the bezel lightly, it gets less, which means it looks like a construction/screen fixing error. Service desk employee told me this was normal and to be expected, well I disagree. Return to sender.[​IMG]

LanceAvion and Rackattack like this.
  5. Shorrer

Shorrer Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the same thing right in the same place, by the way, but it's way less noticeable, I noticed it a couple of times when I was in a dark room and display showed something completely black. Will send a picture later, maybe
    UPD: Picture is here. Max brightness, of course. Camera LED for reference
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 9:50 AM
  6. Fusada

Fusada Newbie

Reputations:
    Which store did you contact? I,m from Baltics too and waiting when it will be available in our market but I want one with white keyboard so most probably will have to order directly from dell using one of retailers.

7. Pohmell

Pohmell Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  8. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    20171113_164949.jpg

Here is mine for comparison. It's not really noticeable except on an all black screen in a pitch black room, which I really never find myself in that exact scenario except for inspecting the backlight condition in the first place, lol. 20171113_164949.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 8:09 PM
  9. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    UPDATE:

Finally got a chance to call Dell today to get to the bottom of my keyboard replacement kerfuffle. They informed me the keyboard is still on backorder and told me they would just issue me a completely new replacement unit at this point. The only catch is that means it's going to be another 2-3 weeks before I see my *NEW* replacement 7577.... So I will be lucky to get it before Christmas basically. Thanks @GoNz0 for the help and tips. My fingers are crossed!

10. custom90gt

custom90gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    They can't expedite it? I got my last 7577 within 3 days of placing the order.