Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Let us know when you get it.

I personally think they should have went with a 17" 1060 non maxq.

That being said, I hope Dell didn't just go with the Max-Q because they wanted to use the same thermal design as the 1050 model. I don't think that would adequately cool the 1060 Max-Q.

And yes, in real life performance you will only probably see an average of 5 less FPS compared to the regular 1060. The Max Q is a larger jump up from the 1050ti than it is a downgrade from the full power 1060.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Jdoe84

Jdoe84 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    From ehat I've seen so far it seems like the 1060 Max-Q can be easily overclocked to meet the regular clock speeds while it's still running at lower voltage so the system remains cooler, especially if it is an upgraded cooling system to meet the 40db target. Seems alright to me if that's indeed the case. Curious to see some reviews for this Notebook!

3. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I will post up here when I get it. My hope is that they changed the cooling to comply with the Max Q specs and the 40db limitation, but I'll find out as soon as I get it.

4. fayth

fayth Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    what configurations did you order ?

yeah, nVIdia so concern about noise, and another feature called whisper mode will make the laptop even quieter (i dont know about this feature LOL ), and would you mind to share internal pic 7577 later please ? i saw they still using single screw to open the bottom panel.

5. custom90gt

Reputations:
    I ordered the i5 version since the i7 wasn't worth the extra $200 for me. If I like it I'll put the 1tb nvme drive and 16GB of ram from my xps in it and sell the XPS. I will post a picture of the internals as soon as I get it, however it says I won't have it till next week.

xxpmrong and fayth like this.
  6. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    I recently ordered one of these.
    I went the base spec i5 7300HQ, I didn't want to pay more than $1000 for essential a disposable machine. It's going to hopefully be a cheap and cheerful experience and is primarily for a new job and hopefully will pulling double duty at night.
    Apparently these models can easily be upgraded to the 120hz TN panels - something I might look into doing if the standard IPS doesn't OC to at least 90hz.

@Mr. Fox @Papusan @D2 Ultima @bloodhawk mea culpa....mea culpa

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    custom90gt and fayth like this.
  7. xxpmrong

xxpmrong Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    great! excited for you guys! please post pictures! I'd like to see the backside of it to see how upgrade-able it really is

where I am at, 7577 is still not available but you can tell it is coming as they have been dropping the prices of 7567

8. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Will do, I'm excited for it however my delivery date is now 9/29, doh.

9. fayth

fayth Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    OMG, what hapend to those date delivery from dell ? maybe they've some trouble at the company right now LOL.

10. custom90gt

Reputations:
    It's probably the slick deals effect. I'm sure they sold a ton of the 7577s since it's been on their front page...