Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell Inspiron and Dell Studio' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Montségur

Montségur Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I tried phoning Dell Customer Service to ask for a switch in keyboard colour (not that I'm really all that bothered, but I did like my 7559's keyboard lighting) and I was told once an order is in production it can't be changed and I ordered mine online.

Seems like bny_pl may be right; if you want to try getting the white keyboard, you may have to call in the order.

2. fayth

fayth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    what model did you guys order?

any of you has order the core i7 + GTX1060MQ ?

3. Montségur

Reputations:
    No, like custom90gt and TBoneSan I went with the base i5 7300HQ model. As this is not my primary gaming machine it should work fine for what I need and the i7 was over $300 more.

What tipped me over the edge and persuaded me to buy it was the sale they had last weekend in Canada on this model only.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  4. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    This model seems just about perfectly matched for today's games. Actually I added in another 8gb stick of RAM and it did wonders too. The games that were CPU limited and also close to using the run 8gb got a big bump.

fayth and Montségur like this.
  5. Montségur

Reputations:
    That's really good to know - I've got some RAM waiting to be installed as soon as my order arrives. I did think about the Helios 300, but this just seems to be a better all round machine and as you say, it'll game on 1080p just fine.

TBoneSan likes this.
  6. custom90gt

custom90gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Looks like I'll be holding on to the XPS. Someone is supposed to come pick up the 7577 tomorrow. Pretty fun machine, wish it was just a touch smaller or had a 17" screen and I would keep it in a heartbeat...

7. zev16

zev16 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, fellow Italian here. Did you order the laptop directly from the Italian Dell website or you had to ask specifically for the white layout in a chat to an operator? Can you confirm me if the Italian version of the laptop has the fingerprint reader? How long did you have to wait to get the laptop from the moment you paid for it? (I'm moving to Germany soon and I'd need to know if I can get it before my leaving. The operators I spoke to in the chat where badly uninformed, they couldn't give me any answer)

8. DJav-7

DJav-7 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    Model with FHD IPS i7 Hdd1tb + samsung SSD 256gb nvme 16gb RAM gtx1060 maxQ (1249€ with coupon)
    No need talk to operator, all users who bought it had the same white backlit/layout here
    Fingerprint YES
    Delivery in 15/16 days

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    fayth likes this.
  9. fayth

fayth Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    at last someone with the core i7 + 1060 configuration, i ' am very interested with temperature test while gaming with stock configuration and undervolt configuration, please let us know when you got the laptop.

10. SilverChariot0182

SilverChariot0182 Newbie

Reputations:
    Mine arrived on Friday i was really happy and hyped when i saw that my laptop was coming but man i was in for a surprise T__T!! right out of the box i heard some kind of coil whine / electric sound from inside the computer. The laptop was freezing when installing windows. After installing windows i tried to download the latest drivers from the Dell site. The internet was slow AF on my Dell laptop compared to my other laptops. After playing Overwatch for 2 hours i was hitting temps of 75C and the fans are LOUD AF! i also tried to browse for an hour the laptop freezes every 5 minutes. It seems to use 100% of the disk sometimes. So i am facing three mayor problems the coil whine, pretty hot tempatures and the constant freezing. This is pretty damn frustating after waiting 13 days for the damn laptop to arrive. Cant wait to call Dell on Monday to see what they will see the Netherlands is known for its cheap ways to fix laptops. I really wanna love this laptop but this is a very bad first experience T__T. I feel so sad now my life has no meaning....