Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    1. PCI-E 2.0 x4 port #1 In Use @ x4 (Intel JHL6340 (Alpine Ridge 2C 2016)
    2. Monitor ID LGD053F, Manufacturer 4XK13_156WF6

DJav-7 and fayth like this.
  2. xxpmrong

xxpmrong Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Dave 2D review is out!

3. Alien69

Alien69 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yeah I see the struggle. When you lay your hands on a beauty like the XPS is difficult to switch to something else.

For a regular gamer maybe the Inspiron 7577 is better (cost less and it's definitely more powerful), but for a more occasional gamer the XPS is worth of its premium price (amazing screen, a whole kg (2.2 lbs) lighter, longer battery life, way better looking...)

Anyway, thanks for your very valuable reportings guys

4. Montségur

Montségur Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just pulled the trigger on the base model. A big thank you to custom90gt and TBoneSan for all your reporting and impressions. I'm not buying this as an equivalent to my GL702VM, but as a worthy successor to my 7559, so it should suit my needs perfectly.

Also with coupons etc. I was able to buy it for just over $1200 CAD or about $5 USD, so I'm happy.

5. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Yeah if I had time to play games more often on the road it wouldn't be a tough question at all. Since my laptop is mostly used for school stuff it makes it a more difficult choice. I actually created a for sale post and listed them both to let someone else decide for me. Battery life btw between the small xps battery and the battery in this is the same.

Also if they had put a 17" screen into this laptop instead of a 15" without increasing the dimensions too much, it would be a keeper.

Vasudev likes this.
  6. BGL

BGL Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, This is my first post on these forums. My 7577 was delivered yesterday straight from China (UK Spec, 7700HQ/1050Ti/16GB).

It does not have the red keys, they are white, without any colour trim and a white backlight - so less gamer and more business like. I prefer this and it was a nice surprise.

A few other observations I have that might be of use:

I have also purchased a TB16 TB3 dock. It's not 100% compatible, it won't charge or power on the 7577 but networking, USB and Display Port adaptors all work fine - hopefully Dell will fix the charging issue. I needed to go to the Dell support site for the TB16 and download the latest drivers, same for the 7577 TB3 for everything to be stable (random network and USB disconnects before that).

Geekbench4 puts the 7700HQ as about expected when running on a performance profile. ~4400 single-threaded and ~13000 multi-threaded. Temps seem pretty good and a -0.100v adjustment lowered them a little further. The 1050Ti doesn't seem to go over 60 degrees once the fans kick in - 1080p, High, NoAA on Unigine Valley averages around 80 FPS. I have not tried over-clocking yet.

Overall I'm quite impressed. It compares well with the other machines I have access to.

7. custom90gt

Reputations:
    I don't think this is something dell will fix/could fix with an update. It sadly does not support USB-C charging.

8. BGL

BGL Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the heads-up. I suppose we can't expect everything on non-premium laptop. I expect it would probably breaks the TB power delievery specs when running the CPU and GPU at full whack. My 7577 came with a 130w power supply which hinted that power-delivery would be possible from a 240w TB16 especially with the hybrid powerload function that can help deal with excessive power requiremenst when under heavy load.

I've now found this googling around after your reply - Dell has put out a PDF to clarify what features are not supported with its docks and the 7577, there are some other features not supported as well: http://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/inspiron-15-7577-laptop_user's guide_en-us.pdf

9. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Yeah I was hoping it would work with USB-C charging but I guess we are out of luck there.

10. xxpmrong

xxpmrong Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow that's great news!
    Keyboard back lights are necssary but I want them turned off when not in use.

So it is good to hear that there are no red trimmings in the keys. How about in the trackpad? Is there a hint of red there?