Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Wertzius

Wertzius Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It helps alot. If i remember correctly i could manage -0,080V and it gave me 8C better temps in average.

2. unske

unske Newbie

Reputations:
    Well i am now undervolted at -0.113 and i also re pasted everything. From a brief test i have around 77 Celcius with Turbo boost on now while gaming! Also ambient temperatures here is 37 Celsius. Pretty impressive difference, i recommend this to everyone with temp issues.

3. wali794

wali794 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I've been using the Dell 7577 for about an year, it was flawless in the beginning but now im facing some issues. First of all the battery performance has dropped quite a lot. The battery report shows Full charge capacity of about 28,242 mWh. I have tried draining out battery completely and recharging it but that only improved it to about 32,133 mWh.
    Secondly some of the keys on the keyboard stopped working, some keys such as p[;wsx2 . They do work when I apply some pressure on the keyboard area. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting keyboard ribbon but that didn't work. I don't have dell repair support in my country and the laptop is not in warranty. Anything that can be done I have to do it myself. Any suggestions will be appreciated

4. Wertzius

Reputations:
  5. Jeremy Rauber

Jeremy Rauber Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everybody.
    Recently, I change thermal paste and the temperatures have dropped dramatically but one temperature sensor is getting above normal.
    The sensor is the "DIMM" and it is heating up more than GPU and CPU. I don't know if I forgot to put any thermal pad in right position. In addition this sensor is not from the computer's memory, but from the VGA.
    Any suggestions on what to do or is this temperature normal?
    https://imgur.com/a/5p6P0in
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  6. Wertzius

Reputations:
    Looks fine to me. It heats up because of the surroundings and transferred heat from CPU, GPU and VRMs.

Jeremy Rauber likes this.
  7. bicem

bicem Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey I'm running into a problem with my 7577.
    My computer is stuck at the dell logo and just started this, yesterday. I tried using the diagnostic in the f12 menu and don't get any errors. I have two hard drives and both show up in bios. When I removed the second one, it booted right up. I checked connections and everything seems fine. I put the second HD back in and booted from a usb win 10, I don't see the second HD. I tried using the bootrec commands after bootign from the usb but get an acces denied on the bootfix command.

Is the HD really bad, I just went back and did another thorough diagnostic test from teh F12 menu and it passed.

Thanks for the help in advance

8. Wertzius

Reputations:
    Yes, it looks this way. You could start a livelinux from a USB stick with HDD scanning tools to check the HDD (https://www.system-rescue-cd.org/) or put it in a 5$ USB hdd case and try to check it after booting.

9. Rowan

Rowan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There's a new BIOS update from June 5th available in case anyone didn't know.

10. Rowan

Rowan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It was a couple years ago since this was last mentioned so I just want to confirm that purchasing
    DDR4 2666MHz ram would likely be a waste of money. The Crucial site lists the higher than 2400MHz options being compatible then when I look elsewhere it's mentioned that going over that wouldn't really be beneficial.