Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Darthagnon

Darthagnon Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone had problems with DPC latency on their Dell Inspiron 7577 and mouse freezes/stutters? I've been having problems with it, and it's crashing Monster Hunter World for me.

2. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Cant say ive had any issues with the mouse

3. Darthagnon

Darthagnon Newbie

Reputations:
    It's more like a system-wide freeze/stutter. Some people say "uninstall SmartByte" (done), drivers are up-to-date, etc. but I still have the problem.
    Latest thing I'm trying is disabling all Dell-related services (DPC latency monitors still show spikes, though I have yet to have one of those freezes.... here's hoping)

Other places I posted about the issue:
    https://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=102953
    https://linustechtips.com/main/topi...processor-load/?tab=comments#comment-13193245
    https://www.reddit.com/r/techsuppor...nd_tearingbuzzing_dell_inspiron_7577_drivers/

4. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    no issues on my end. I would suspect something installed on your system.

5. Rowan

Rowan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you ever get a resolution or fix for this issue? The replacement 7577 I received late last year has started freezing as you described. I reinstalled Win 10 last night and was in the process of setting everything back up when the freezing started again while just doing normal web browsing and watching a video. It does it even if I'm not watching a video and it doesn't matter which browser I use. I've done the tests Dell provides and none of them are finding anything. I had to have the motherboard and hard drive replaced this past January and then later in the month they had to send me a new memory stick because one of the two provided went bad.

Now I'm back to being nervous and uncomfortable about using this 7577 like I got with the last one because of them having so many issues that start while just doing basic stuff online. I just want to be able to use my laptop without having to worry about what will go wrong next. It honestly sets me on edge especially during these times.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    Darthagnon likes this.
  6. Rowan

Rowan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've started having freezing issues similar to yours. I don't really game on mine so I can't comment on it happening while gaming. My freezing is concurring when I have any browser open at random times. I've tried just about all of the fixes you have with no resolution. I finally decided to reinstall Windows yesterday thinking that would fix things but it didn't. My issues started at the beginning of last week out of the blue. I thought it was just my browser at first so tried other ones and the same thing happened no matter which one I've tried. What's weird is it happens no matter what browser I try but while the browser is freezing everything outside of it seems to be ok. I'm just waiting for the BSODs to start though. That's what occurred with my previous 7577 those started and everything went downhill from there.

Darthagnon likes this.
  7. Darthagnon

Darthagnon Newbie

Reputations:
    I think I've managed to improve the situation, though I'm not sure if I've solved it. I used Services.msc (or Process Hacker, which has a searchable list of services on the PC) to search out everything Dell related (e.g. Dell Support Assist, PC-Doctor, crapware that came with the PC for "diagnostics") and set startup type to "Disabled". This improved my DPC Latency a lot (check with https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon or https://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml). I haven't noticed any stutters or freezing since disabling these services (well, maybe once or twice when loading a heavy webpage or program all of a sudden). Notably, I'm still runnning outdated Win10 v1709 and am now running Nvidia drivers v445.87. I haven't had the courage to test whether my PC bluescreens when playing MH World again yet.

Try disabling all Dell-related services and see if that fixes things.

My latest problem is COM Surrogate keeps crashing (don't know what to do about that), which might be related to Intel video drivers. dunno.

8. unske

unske Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi I've started having thermal isues on my 7577 (with i7-7700HQ and Nvidia 1060m). While playing BF5 on low Settings, i get major frame drops at around 44 fps and CPU temps at 90°C/ 194°F. I believe i have the most recent drivers installed.

When i set the maximum CPU power to 99%, to prevent turbo boost from running, i get around 54 fps and CPU temp around 80°C degrees Celsius, which is a bit more playable. Is this normal? Do you think i should open it up and repaste ? I have the laptop for 2.5 years now. Turbo boost seems to push it too far..

9. Wertzius

Wertzius Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You should definitely undervolt it and a repaste helps alot but is a pain with this laptop as you have to totally disassemble it. Disabling the turbo is also a good solution, games don't benefit really anyway.

10. unske

unske Newbie

Reputations:
    Okay, thanks for your answer! I will try repasting this thing and post my results. I am not sure if undervolting really helps or it just delays the inevitable throttling but i might give that a go as well.