Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. DoctorRzepa

DoctorRzepa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Try clean Windows installation (no factory image!).

2. CoolZone

CoolZone Newbie

Reputations:
    I am already on a clean Microsoft image, since my laptop has been shipped without OS. Guess I will wait and see which drivers DELL comes with next....

3. DoctorRzepa

DoctorRzepa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    After installing Windows, did you manually updated drivers with those from Dell site? If so, maybe try reinstalling Windows, let it download and install all drivers by itself and then just try to use GeForce Experience.

4. Kalelovil

Kalelovil Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone else here have a model with a panel which is identified by HWiNFO as
    Monitor Name: BOE [Unknown Model: BOE06CB]
    Monitor Name (Manuf): NV15N42 [DELL P/N: RMJCY]

How does it compare to the other panels?

5. BamiNL

BamiNL Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey there,

I'm having an issue with my toshiba nvme drive on my 7577. Games seem to be loading extremely slow. Especially PUBG seems to take much longer compared to my friends SATA ssd's.
    The nvme that I use is the one that shipped with my system: KXG50ZNV256G NVMe TOSHIBA 256GB.
    I'm currently running the drive in AHCI which seems to be recommended. My crystaldisk results are:
    https://prnt.sc/mzffz4
    [​IMG]

The loading time for PUBG is around 1 min. Same counts for Apex. I dont notice any slowdowns in normal usage. System feels snappy and performs as it should.
    Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix? I feel like the nvme should be blazingly fast at loading content. I'm glad to do any suggested tests when asked.

Kind regards

6. speedlever

speedlever Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm very interested in your test results too. I have the same 256GM nvme m.2 drive in AHCI mode in my 7577 and think it's also on the slow side, although adequate for my needs. I still toy with the idea of replacing it with a 512GB nvme m.2 Samsung drive from time to time.

7. BamiNL

BamiNL Newbie

Reputations:
    Something else has come up. I contacted Dell Support and we did some diagnostics. And now suddenly my write speed throttles like crazy. Write speeds go down to 10MB/s(!!!!!) after 5 seconds of writing. Reboots dont make any difference. I'm really scared for the drive failing on me, making me lose all my programs and stuff. Im making backups as we speak. Does anyone know what may be causing my trouble? Read speeds are normal as they should (2500MB/s).

8. vibhawa

vibhawa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Has anyone tried using type c headphones?
    Those are working on MSI and Nitro 5 without tb3 but not on my 7577.

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk

9. johnnyde94

johnnyde94 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello all how are you? I am a bit stumped here as I applied liquid metal (thermal grizzly conductonaut) and changed out the thermal pads to .3 FujuPoly Extreme pads. I used acrylic conformal coating and super 33+ tape so I do not believe there is a short as i double checked with a black light to make sure that everything was protected before i put on the tape. This worked fine originally but, I was worried that .3 would not be thick enough, so I opened up the laptop again, and applied the same type of thermal pads but a 1.0 on top of the .3. After I did this the laptop would boot up fine but after 10 min or so it would freeze up and I would have to reboot, however, temperatures are fine. I got worried that maybe 1.3 was too thick so I am waiting on .5 pads, I regret second guessing my self. Also, only half of the keyboard is lit up, but the ribbon cables look tight. Any ideas on what could be going on?

10. Rowan

Rowan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm on my 2nd 7577 with a UHD screen which I received Friday. The previous one which I received in July of 2018 was a warranty replacement for a 7559. The first 7577 had to have it's screen replaced not long after (looking at the specs on the Dell site it was a AUO20EB too) and the one installed was the Sharp SHP1450 panel which is what I've been used to. I say all of that because the 7577 I just received came with the AUO20EB (B156ZAN) panel and the difference between the two is considerable. If the saturation option was still available in the Intel settings this whole issue could probably be solved.

The only way I've been able to get the washed out appearance tolerable was to turn the brightness down to minus levels in the Intel Graphics Command Center and install an ICC profile I found mentioned here. I was wondering if anyone else who has the same screen ever got theirs to a point where the colors were pleasing to your eyes. I'm still not exactly happy with the color situation after spending most of the weekend and some of today trying different a couple other profiles, settings and tips found here/elsewhere. After getting the screen replaced on my first 7577 that was one of the only things I didn't have further issues with so I'm not an obsessive person regarding screen settings even though it feels like I'm coming across that way.

In the past when I've received warranty replacements it's usually been the next model up. This time they shipped the replacement 7577 with the same specs from the Tennessee refurb warehouse a day after telling me it was being processed. This time I didn't get to say if I was happy with what they were going to send when I've gone through this in the past. Did they stop doing that?

The reason I was apprehensive about another 7577 is the first one needed a new screen, touchpad, keyboard, motherboard and then another touchpad. When the touchpad was replaced in Feb. the guy had a hard time getting it to work correctly because tightening the screws the way they were supposed to be caused the touchpad to act like it was stuck in the being pressed position. Trying to use it caused that blue square thing to happen when the touchpad is pressed while running a finger across it. (Hope that makes sense) He found a way to remove a couple un-needed screws which relieved the pressure which made things go back to normal. In July I needed a new keyboard which turned into a motherboard replacement that had to be done by the depot (it threw errors after the tech replaced the keyboard in my home and Dell ordered him by phone not to do anything else to it and to give me the case number they provided during his call to them).

When it was finally shipped back almost two weeks later the touchpad was doing the same thing as I described before about acting like it was stuck. I gave it a little over two weeks to see if it might loosen up which it didn't. While it was at the depot they tried to say I damaged my laptop because some screws were missing which still doesn't make sense. The laptop had been stuck as being in the warehouse for about 5 business days before the notice on the site about the repair not being able to proceed. The same guy from Feb came out in Sept to replace the touchpad again. I told him about the damage accusation so this time he tried getting the new one to work without removing those screws which resulted in the touchpad only working with it being loose and making a really loud clicking noise when pressed so much so a friend could hear it in the kitchen from the living room. It was two replacement touchpads acting the same way. I'm scared if this replacement needs a new one that whole drama will restart. The old 7577 was starting to act the same way it was with heat issues and fans always coming on before the motherboard was replaced. I was starting to have anxiety somewhat about what was going to need fixing next especially since the original 7559 warranty is up in Feb of next year.

I probably shouldn't have explained all that's happened since it's so much to read. I have a hard time condensing stuff to a point where I feel there's enough explanation. I'm hoping people still check out this thread.