Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. DoctorRzepa

DoctorRzepa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I am using Targus City Gear 17.3". It offers a lot of space and good protection with dedicated pocket.

2. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So this laptop runs plenty cool, but I opened up ThrottleStop to see what it was doing. I just can't get thing to max out the CPU with TS Bench. It's not throttling, but it's only pulling 17-18w during the test. Windows performance shows 100% Usage. I'm surprised it's so low. Runs at 31x99.768 during the bench.

EDIT: Running some games and monitoring things, it looks like it pulls a load and acts normal. Disregard my last issue.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  3. CoolZone

CoolZone Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone has tried newer drivers for the Nvidia 1060 Max-Q? The ones from DELL's website are very old...

4. Wertzius

Wertzius Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Sure, simply install the Nvidia ones.

5. DoctorRzepa

Reputations:
    Well, it seems that my unit with i5-7300hq and 1060mq runs nowhere as cold as the one tested at notebookcheck. With only Prime95 maximum heat testing it hits thermal throttling. I tried changing paste, but it didn't help much. Undervolting only makes it last longer before hitting 96C and I tought this laptop should be pretty cold while running at stock settings...

6. makenov

makenov Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Checking your paste and pads again. One solution is replacing original VRM pads with thinner pads. You can take a look at my post here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ls-pics-of-internals-optimizing.811380/page-9

7. CoolZone

CoolZone Newbie

Reputations:
    The drivers from Nvidia's website won't install....they go into failed state....tried Express upgrade, Custom with full cleanup, no go!

8. DoctorRzepa

Reputations:
    Use GeForce Experience app to update your drivers.

speedlever likes this.
  9. CoolZone

CoolZone Newbie

Reputations:
    No, that did not work either, since GeForce Experience app won't install, even after a previous driver wipe.
    DELL drivers install just fine, only the ones from the nVidia website do fail, checked multiple versions.

10. speedlever

speedlever Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I use GeForce experience to update my drivers. I don't know why you're having issues. The only thing I did was clean install Windows 10 pro x64 when I got the laptop.