Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You've got two options, one is a proper fix and the other is really just a band-aid. Based on the problems you are describing and the age of your laptop, it sounds like your thermal compound lost contact on the CPU side due to the stock compound drying out or being jarred and broken loose.

OPTION 1 (Temporary Band-Aid Fix):
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/dellfancmd-–-tool-to-enable-manual-custom-control-of-the-laptop-fans.827106/

Take manual control of your fans and force them to run at 100% indefinitely. Also keep in mind, your BIOS version may limit your manual fan control ability. If you are on the newest BIOS you **might** need to roll back a version or two.

OPTION 2 (Proper Fix):
    Re-paste your laptop with fresh thermal compound.

ADDITIONALLY:
    Make sure you aren't harboring malware or other questionable programs/services/etc that are sucking up CPU cycles in the background that you are unaware of.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  2. pabs200030

pabs200030 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you mate ! So i will try to find a shop who does repasting, i doesn't want to mess something inside.

Maleko48 likes this.
  3. Maleko48

Reputations:
    Make sure whoever ends up doing it gets the thermal padding right too. A bad pad job can ruin a good paste job. BTW, I also added a few extra details to my original response above ^^^.

4. speedlever

speedlever Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    How about your physical environment? When you play, are the vents on the bottom of the laptop open so they can breathe or are they blocked by sitting on a quilt, blanket, couch, or other? I sit my laptop on a cutting board that's sized just right so my bottom vents are unobstructed.

5. pabs200030

pabs200030 Newbie

Reputations:
    Nono just on my desk , even when i play VR i put it on the cold floor tiles but it keeps heating up.

6. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Does anyone have a good recommendation for a nicely padded or protet bag or sleeve for yhe 7577? I'm looking for something that will fit the laptop and the charger, but nitnoth bulky. It's hard to find the right dimensions with the size of the laptop. I'm hoping someone here has some experience with a good bag.

7. Maleko48

Reputations:
    156ProCaseSleeve_Dell7577.png

I have this case for my 7577 and it *barely* fits. Mine is the blue one pictured. The side zip pocket snugly accepts my 2.5 inch portable HDD, its cord, an HDMI cord, and a mouse.

8. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Nice! How's the padding/protection? This is my sons laptop, so I'm thinking about a little extra protection.

9. speedlever

speedlever Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  10. Maleko48

Reputations:
    The corners have minimal protection due to it *barely* fitting. I have to nudge my laptop into the bottom of the case first and then when I'm pulling the zipper around the corners, it barely has enough slack to get around the laptop's sharp corners that barely push on the apex of the corners from the inside.

I figured it would stretch out just enough to be more tolerable after a while of using it and it has and doesn't bother me. Like I said though, it gives up some protection in the corners because it is pushing the size limit of this sleeve.

Part of the reason I got this one was because of the side opening w/zipper rather than a top or bottom zipper opening. I also like the zippered side pocket too. My primary use for this sleeve was just to protect from scratches and light bumps. I frequently ride a bike with my laptop in its sleeve inside my backpack along with binders/books/etc.