Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    One of the reasons might be thermals on SSD due to heavy usage.
    I just used 0.7TB after a year and limited more writing to increase SSD lifespan and keep the drive alive for more years and I used to believe that warranty was based on TBW until @tilleroftheearth confirmed that SSD warranty depends on both TBW and time period and typically the warranty ends whichever reaches first. So, now I believe the TB written actually increased from almost NIL to somewhat medium usage. In just six months I just wrote 0.5TB on one SSD and just 2-4TB on the SSD with W10(Too many failed attempts until I got perfectly running W10 installation w/ minimal bloat and max performance).

2. uhuy123

uhuy123 Newbie

Reputations:
    Do you guys have any information about upgrading ram? Can I use this Ram.. looks like it has similar specs with mine, but this is 4gb. So would it run in dual channel ?
    [​IMG]

It has same specs with mine (2400T-s41-11) the difference only in size. I need dual channel configuration for fps boost, 12GB of ram i think it should be enough for every game

Vasudev likes this.
  3. custom90gt

custom90gt Dellerator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Sadly I have no idea if the 7577 supports flex mode. If you already have that ram you can try running it and see what happens. I always recommend running as close to the same specs and for sure the same size, but that depends on your budget. If flex mode works, you will effectively have 8GB of dual channel and 4 of single so keep that in mind (not many games will use over 8 that I know of).

The gaming performance going from single to dual isn't huge, but should be a decent boost in some really demanding games.

Vasudev likes this.
  4. spektykles

spektykles Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That RAM stick looks okay. And yes the 7577 support Flex mode too....

5. makenov

makenov Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everybody. I am facing with core temperature differential issue (over 15*C). Planning to repaste and repad as well.

could any one give me some advice about the thermal pad thickness how to fix this uneven core temp?

upload_2018-11-25_17-36-59.png

upload_2018-11-25_17-35-54.png

Attached Files:

6. uhuy123

uhuy123 Newbie

Reputations:
    just bought this RAM and yes, it works very well and runs dual channel. I've got 12GB of RAM now, for fps boost I don't really feel any changes but it feels more smooth or less fps drop I think LMFAO
    but I think it's worthy for budget

Attached Files:

7. Rowan

Rowan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For the people who purchase the extended warranties which one do you usually choose and how much have you paid recently? I received my 7577 last year as a warranty replacement for my 7559 and the previous warranty for the 7559 expires next month. I've been getting emails with someone from Dell wanting to call after filling out the form on their site requesting info about an extension even though I chose the email option. I don't want to get stuck on the phone with someone without having an idea on price ranges others have paid.

8. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    I bought mine through Costco, so it came with a 4 year depot warranty for free (2 years through Costco + 2 more years because I used their credit card).

9. Rowan

Rowan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    They keep trying to push the Premium Support saying it's $365 for three years.

10. pabs200030

pabs200030 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi , i bought the dell inspiron 7577 gaming laptop (1060 maq - i7 7700hq ) about one year ago. At first i didn't have any complains , great laptop , great price. But since then i have a few issues.

At first, some months ago , after downloading a dell uptade driver , i've noticed that the laptop was quieter than before , the fans were not winding as fast as before , i wasn't a big problem but still i had a performance drop visible in one game Fallout 4 VR when after playing 20 minutes or so the frame rate started to shutter all around and had to stop ; when before i could play this game for 1 hour or more without any issue.

And only a couple of weeks ago , i noticed that the problem became worst, i have the same performance drop after playing any game in VR after a short period of time and have to let the laptop cool down if i want to continue. The laptop under load is getting way hotter than before, and after some searches online i linked the problem to some thermal throttling. So i started to monitor the components with MSI afterburner and discovered that while playing a basic game like Counter Strike, the graphic card was hovering in the mid 80C° ( witch i suppose is normal ) but the CPU was WAY worst and in some occasions was heating up to 102°C only under a 40% load.

It's clear that the issue is coming from a overheating and a thermal throttling. And from my observations of the laptop it's due to the fans that are not winding as fast as before and are not cooling the pc enough - in this scenario i read various topics from user on the dell forum complaining about the pc being too loud and maybe the manufacturer just uploaded an update to decrease the fans speed ... but it brought overheating too.

Please do someone has encounter the same problem ? And do someone have a solution for this ? It's becoming ridiculous and i just would like to get the initial performance ( the one i payed for in the first place ) back.