Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    At the same time ADATA released SX8200 Pro as well. Both are very good drives and includes a heatsink for cooler SSD.

2. speedlever

speedlever Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Good question. Mainly because I won't have to install and tweak all the apps/programs I already have installed and running. That will take much longer than just a simple fresh install. But yeah, I agree with your thought of doing a fresh install with new hardware... if it weren't for all the programs and tweaks I have on the old SSD.

So the 7577 won't need any Samsung drivers or HP drivers for the applicable SSD?

I'll look into the AData. But I've always had good luck with Samsung drives (both HDD and SSD) so I have a comfort zone already established there. ;)

3. Vasudev

Reputations:
    SX8200 uses Micron 3d TLC and judging from sx8200 pro specs I think its a Samsung TLC aka 970 EVO at a fraction of a cost!
    Apart from Samsung NVMe SSD, all use MSFT stornvme.inf driver which is a generic driver.

4. speedlever

speedlever Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Good to know. I'm kinda wanting the MLC chips, so leaning to the 970 Pro. Or maybe I won't do anything at all. No real need to change out the Toshiba other than I'd like a bigger OS drive. I have plenty of space on my current 256GB m.2 drive, but get the itch every now and then to spice up the hardware. I keep my data files on a HDD to minimize the impact on the SSD. Ideally, I'd have a large SSD for both!

Vasudev likes this.
  5. spektykles

spektykles Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Vasudev likes this.
  6. speedlever

speedlever Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Interesting, but TLC chips.

I saw this interesting tidbit from that link:
    "The Corsair Force MP510 faces very direct competition from other Phison E12 SSDs such as the MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro, which the MP510 is surprisingly undercutting on price at the moment. Other competitors include:

• the Samsung 970 EVO and Western Digital WD Black, flagship TLC SSDs from major brands that are only a little bit more expensive than the MP510
    • The HP EX920, ADATA SX8200 and other similar drives based on the Silicon Motion SM2262 controller, some of which are currently cheaper than the MP510"
    Sorta looks like you can throw a dart at a board and pick one that way.

Vasudev likes this.
  7. custom90gt

custom90gt Dellerator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I think TLC endurance is fine for most people if that's what you're concerned about. I picked up my 960GB SX8200 for $170 and my 480GB for $90 so deals are out there.

8. Vasudev

Reputations:
    That's sweet prices. Here those prices are double.

9. spektykles

spektykles Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    SSD nowaday are pretty durable. Like im using my 970 EVO 512GB that i bought 2 months ago, according to SMART total byte written were 0.7TB (heavy use, multiple windows reinstallation etc..). If im gonna using it like always, then it would take me 70 years to fill up its 300TB endurance claims.

Vasudev likes this.
  10. jak781

jak781 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys, tell me please, what's going on with this Toshiba NVMe M2 256GB disk? I read some topics on the internet and a lot of people has problem with write speed. I mean it should be 2700/1100MB, but in fact it is 2700-2500/350MB. In my dell, i have the same problem with write speed... What is the reason of this problem?