Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. spektykles

spektykles Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Holy, the 2933 ram working!!!
    Received one 16GB stick today (for some reason they sent me 2 separate stick instead of a kit), but its detected by my 7577 at 2933 within the first boot, then I pushed it to 3100MHz CL17 1T without problems (no stress test yet, but soon when i have time)
    Untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2018
    Maleko48 likes this.
  2. spikespiegel2001

spikespiegel2001 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

after 9 months of buying the Dell 7577 i7 UHD 1060maxQ, I'm having big performance issues. I'm not able to run VR applications anymore without serious stuttering, also some games are now unplayable due to poor frame rate and the notebook's fans are constantly on just when browsing the internet or playing some youtube videos, the notebook is never quiet.

Has anybody else experienced the same issues, or any recommendations on how to fix this?

3. DoctorRzepa

DoctorRzepa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Try to run any hardware monitoring tool to check if your laptop gets hot (like HWMonitor).

4. spikespiegel2001

spikespiegel2001 Newbie

Reputations:
    I installed the latest Dell and Geforce drivers today but still have the same issues.

HWMonitor gives me around 60°-70° on idle right now, only google chrome is running, and it's still loud and the part above the keyboard is hot.

I tried again VR and CPU temp goes up to 90° and GPU up around 80°, I almost couldn't finish the setup process due to the extreme lagging/stuttering.

I read that above 75° GPU temp, the notebook starts throttling and perfomance takes a hit. Also read that undervolting CPU and GPU would solve my issues. I would understand if I had to do these workarounds for something that isn't supposed to work a certain way, but like I said, I didn't have any issues until some time now. Alone the loud noise makes the work almost unbearable without headphones. I guess I will have to contact support, then.

Edit:

I just contacted support. They told me to reinstall windows and do some power management settings to fix the loud noise. I guess I have to do these steps before sending in for fixing the issues.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018 at 7:24 AM
  5. DoctorRzepa

DoctorRzepa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I guess something may keep your cpu occupied for some reason. Clean installation is always a good thing.

6. MasteR's

MasteR's Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Any possibility to share unlocked bios? It's fine that you proved that this machine can be modified but it's useless if no one except you can do it. Please don't tease us with mods that won't be made public.

johnnyde94 likes this.
  7. speedlever

speedlever Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Lately (October), my 7577 shows Windows updates pending download, but they never download. Earlier this month, there was only one update so I manually installed it. Now I have 8 updates pending download but they never download.

Anyone else having issues? (latest BIOS... Win 10 x64 was clean installed when I got the 7577 and no issues up until a couple of weeks ago.)

8. vibhawa

vibhawa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    1809 and related updates are delayed by Microsoft for few machines.

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk

9. speedlever

speedlever Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If that be the case, would they show as pending downloads? Or just not show at all?

10. johnnyde94

johnnyde94 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello I was wondering if there are any advanced overclocking available to do on this laptop such as increasing TDP or putting on a modded VBios using NVflash or MobileTDPTweaker. I would also be interested in V/f curves for MSI afterburner for max performance as well as throttlestop settings.