Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. spektykles

spektykles Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Im currently running Seagate Firecuda 2TB on my 7577. Slightly worst than my previous WD Black 1TB 9.5mm (yes those fit, somehow..) but all i need is space. If you want the best speed, try to find some old Momentus XT 750GB 7200rpm SSHD model, those are the best, fastest 2.5 spinny drive and the most reliable SSHD (old SSHD model like the Momentus XT uses SLC while newer models went with MLC)

2. spektykles

Reputations:
    Capture.PNG
    Here is 970 Evo 500GB SSD (firmware 2B2QEXE7) on my 7577. No slowdown and throttling. I installed the heatsink for the SSD too.
    I just ordered N156HHE-GA1 120Hz screen and an 32GB (2x16GB) HyperX Impact 2933MHz CL17 kit from Amazon, let see if it works...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    benyeung811, speedlever and Maleko48 like this.
  3. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Which base panel model did you start with? The FHD? That ram looks hot and expensive but it'll be dope if it works.

4. spektykles

Reputations:
    Capture1.PNG
    Mine is an FHD model, i switched several panel already, still havent found the one I liked yet. Maybe the GA1 panel will suit me most, fast 120Hz panel with high color gamut, and I dislikes the 4K res.
    Mine already hit that 37GB/s mark, top 1% of all Intel 7th gen with dual RAM slot mobile platform (my Alienware friends are jealous af). Just need to hit that 40GB/s mark (impossible to reach on an mobile platform) and Im done....:D

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Maleko48 likes this.
  5. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I thought 7th gen only supported 2666MHz max. Is RAM above 2400MHz plug and play or does it require special mods.

6. spektykles

Reputations:
    Well, only 2400 are officially supported. Everything outside it is "out of spec". But same like its desktop sister, the mobile parts can handle much higher, just a matter of PCB/mainboard design (mobile laptop PCB usually are crap anyway, making life harder) and BIOS. It requires an special "trick" to make 2400+ sticks work (but I wont name it here, because "trade secret" of Dell RAM suppliers, you can read the review of others on Amazon because their 7577 doesnt boot with others RAM). And Dell BIOS dislikes RAM stick with XMP profiles so you have to tune it manually.
    Dell G5/7 suffer the same problem with RAM too

Maleko48 likes this.
  7. Renpika

Renpika Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, what do you think about upgrading FHD panel to UHD?

I researched a bit:
    1) The stock UHD panel is AUO B156ZAN02.0.
    2) UHD laptop has special lid because mounting holes of UHD panel are different from FHD one.
    3) FHD laptop has 40-30 pin LVDS cable, so probably motherboards are the same.

But there exists AUO B156ZAN02.3 with the same dimensions and mounting holes as stock FHD panel. I want to install this panel to avoid replacing the lid.

The questions are:
    1) Will stock B156ZAN02.0 from UHD laptop work in FHD laptop (with appropriate 40-pin cable)?
    2) I heard that the last number of panel version often specifies different brackets, but connection pins should be compatible. So, is B156ZAN02.0 interchangeable with B156ZAN02.3?

Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. I live in Russia and UHD version is unavailable here officially.

Maleko48 likes this.
  8. vibhawa

vibhawa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @Maleko48 did you tried the new BIOS(1.6)?

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk

9. benyeung811

benyeung811 Newbie

Reputations:

N156HHE-GA1 is a great screen. I have used it for about two months and it runs properly. The color accuracy is great and i can use the windows 10 brightness control normally.

Maleko48 likes this.
  10. speedlever

speedlever Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm considering upgrading my stock 1080p 7577 screen to this 120MHz screen, but wonder what difference I'll see? I don't game on my 7577 and just use it as a desktop replacement for browsing, email, spreadsheets, etc.

Is the main reason to upgrade to this panel for gaming? What benefit would I gain from this in my typical non-gaming usage? I'm not sure that it's worth spending money on for my purposes, but it seems simple enough to replace and not very expensive so I'd consider the upgrade if I could gain anything useful from it.

Any thoughts?