Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. S1lentSymph0ny

S1lentSymph0ny Newbie

Reputations:
    I used the stock 30-pin EDP cable with the Chi Mei N156HHE-GA1 and have working brightness controls.

I believe that is also the panel everyone keeps referring to as the Chi Mei MSI panel. It's used in the MSI g62-g63 series laptops.

2. DoctorRzepa

DoctorRzepa Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What if brightness lock is just caused by slightly different pinout between panels? Maybe it's just case of changing wires in connector? Does anybody have an account on panelook and could check datasheets for these panels? Maybe it's just that simple...

vibhawa likes this.
  3. uhuy123

uhuy123 Newbie

Reputations:
    Alright, it depens how we use the laptop. So I think we should keep 40-80% of battery power on daily use, I mean for light work. pluged in when it's under 40% and discharge it when it hits 80%.

And how about at heavy work, like editing or gaming. It will drain the battery quickly, so we have to charge and discharge the laptop in short period and that's very annoying. So I think when we boot the laptop for heavy work purposely like gaming just leave it pluged in, (we know it's not charging whe it hits max SoC or the battery power under above 50%)

So, what do think ? it is the best plan how I care the battery?

What I have learned is, it doesn't increase the number of cycles if we always leave the laptop pluged in, cause we know it's not charging, is that true?

4. Voltran

Voltran Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Some updates regarding the situation from the previous page and the lack of good panels in Europe. I ended up with dallexpress.com, a French website and ordered a Samsung LTN156HL01-201 from them (which they told me was the usual and only IPS panel they shipped when people ordered a high gamut FHD 15.6" panel).

The bad news first. It was expensive at 112.9 euros. And I wonder whether I got shipped another panel since this is what HWINFO indicates: BOE 0649, not Samsung, I don't know what is up with that, does anyone have a clue?

The good news, it does say LTN156HL01 on the panel itself; so it could be some kind of a Samsung panel produced by BOE according to Samsung specs or whatever.

And look at the size of that bubble wrap, the bubbles are huge. No complaints about the seller, very professional, shipped within hours, and as you can see, the panel was very well protected during transport. The actual size of the box was as big as the one for the whole laptop.

Anyway, I replaced the original panel, which was the LP156WF6 SPB3, and as far as my eyes can tell, the new one is very much superior in every way.

It's bright, new 50% is old 100 %, and even at 50%, the gamma is such that the dark areas aren't crushed. That's the main issue I had with the LG. 100% is very good even in a well-lit room next to a large window.

Contrast is also much better. It seems that everything is sharper but I can't pinpoint the reason.

The colours are popping, I've rewatched the neon-lit streets of Hong-Kong in Pacific Rim and it was impressive.

The panel isn't perfect though, it's visually a tad too warm, there's bit of PWM flickering and a slight nudge of backlight bleeding. Be careful when you replace the bezel onto the laptop, if it presses onto the panel even the slightest bit, the backlight bleeding effect will be emphasized.

All in all, it's superior in every way compared to the old panel though. It's sharp, colourful and very pleasing in movies.

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:
    If you close the lid and turn the laptop around you might see a gap in the middle where the bezel clips into the lid and that will also cause some bleeding along the bottom if its not clipped together properly.

6. Voltran

Voltran Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I introduced some flex on the bottom of the bezel when I removed it, the result was that some parts of the bezel fralme would push against the panel when the frame was put back onto the laptop. I had to remove the bezel frame again and bend it back into a flatter shape.

EDIT: **** me sideways, I have a green vertical line that suddenly appeared while I was browsing.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  7. dbIsMe

dbIsMe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For those interested Battery University has a good information on prolonging Lithium batteries.

I've been thinking about this too for my situation. As you say, it depend on how we use the laptop. Battery University has a

I'm plugged in nearly all the time. With previous laptops, I would pull out the battery and leave it charged at ~40% stored away. Zero cycles ;).

If you are doing heavy work or need performance, you should have the laptop plugged in. I have also seen mention that this laptop can draw on hybrid power - ie pull from the charger and the battery at the same time - to draw more combined power. If this is the case, then even when plugged in, it would be possible for the battery to discharge.

The Primarliy AC setting apparently only charges to 96 percent. I could not find what the lower range on the discharge is.

Now if you need to run on battery, then the ideal range to maximise the life of the battery would be the minimal charge away from ~40% to meet the runtime you need. So maybe if you only need an hour that is (guessing!) 40-60% range. The 40-80% range is a good rule of thumb to increase battery longevity. I am doing exactly that with my phone, though obviously I don't run that plugged in all the time! I just discharge to 40% and then charge it up to 80%. If you need to run on battery, then as long as it meets your runtime, this would be good.

So, setting the battery range in the BIOS or Power Performance /Management to the 40-80% range sounds like a very good starting point!

8. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sorry for the late reply, but here is a quick pull-up of my posts on this matter:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sea...=relevance&c[user][0]=292583&c[thread]=808514

In particular, check out this link:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/dell-inspirion-7577.808514/page-51#post-10647781

Also, just start at page 48 of this forum thread and skim my posts for 10-20 pages.

Other good keywords to search my username with include: UHD , FHD , panel , 30 pin , 40 pin , 30-pin , 40-pin , pinout , etc.

9. S1lentSymph0ny

S1lentSymph0ny Newbie

Reputations:
    Looking back through your posts, at one point there was a question as to whether there was a difference in cable, motherboard, etc for 6-bit vs. 8-bit panels. The stock LG panel was a 6-bit panel. The replacement N156HHE-GA1 is an 8-bit panel. Same (30-pin) cable, same motherboard.

10. Voltran

Voltran Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Dell Power Manager if you're too lazy to go into the BIOS

[​IMG]