Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    If thats the panel list, I would go with the MSI since you can use the brightness.

2. Voltran

Voltran Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The G5 shares a chassis with the 7577 if I'm correct, so panel compatibility should be identical, I figure I might as well ask here for replacement advice here

My shortlist of panels include

- AUO B156HAN01.1, or 1.2
    - Samsung LTN156HL01 (-101 ? -102? -nothing behind?) I don't know which version to choose. I've seen a -201 from a vendor but I haven't seen a trace on Panelook? Anyone knows what's up is with "nearly sesame reference but different?)
    - BOE NV156FHM-N43 (a little less gamut too)
    - LG LP156WF6-SPB1 (seems a little less colour accurate, and there are a lot of -XXXX versions that are very different)
    - Chi Mei N156HHE-GA1 (120 Hz wide gamut TN) seems to be a decent option too.

But my biggest issue is how to source those panels.

What I want is something shipping from Europe both for taxes and shipping costs, and also, obviously, I don't want to get a compatible panel with low or average gamut.

So far, for companies shipping from Europe, I've checked those:
    Laptopscreen.com, touchandscreen (eBay) have the N156HCE-EBA, still 73% NTSC according to Panelook, but I've never heard of this panel, has anyone had any experience with it?
    laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk, capitainedalle.com have nothing.
    ordi-paris, lcd4laptop, bumblesales, notebookspares and notobookbitz (all from eBay) all only have lower gamut panels.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  3. wali794

wali794 Newbie

Reputations:
    Can anyone share a screenshot of their msi afterburner undervolted voltage curve for 1060 max Q

Berik84 likes this.
  4. uhuy123

uhuy123 Newbie

Reputations:
    Do you guys know how to make batterylife much longer?
    Is it safe for battery if I plugin the charger evertime I boot this laptop, or should I unplug the charger if the battery still has power above 10%

Please light me up

5. DoctorRzepa

DoctorRzepa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Keep it at 60-65% and you'll be fine. It is best charge level to store batteries when unused.

6. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    To my knowledge, the 1060MQ only gets the two sliders. You cannot adjust it by the curves the way the 1070 and 1080 variants can be.

Use the Dell Power Manager application and set it to the "always plugged in" option or set it to the "custom" option and set your upper charge threshold to 80% max battery SoC so your laptop will stop charging it while plugged in once it hits 80% SoC.

All lithium batteries (cell phones, laptops, electric vehicles, etc.) benefit with increased number of charge cycles when not discharged or charged too quickly and too deeply.

In other words, don't use the fast charge option ( if you can turn it off ) and don't discharge to 0% nor charge to 100%.

Discharge down to around 30-50% and only charge up to about 80-90%. That should net you close to double the battery longevity as long as you also mind battery temperatures. (Don't leave your laptop in a hot or freezing car, but especially a hot car.)

Your average lithium battery is rated for 300-500 charge cycles, but DoD (depth of discharge) matters. If kept between 40% and 80% you should be able to get double the number of cycles, but they aren't as deep so there is that trade off.

Unfortunately a laptop has a fixed capacity and voltage unlike electric vehicles for instance. So these concepts are taken advantage of better in other areas of battery powered devices where it is far more beneficial and cost effective to sink more money into a larger or higher voltage battery at the beginning to get a better overall return on your investment in the long term.

I personally do 40-80% since I stay plugged in 95% of the time.

Oh yeah, and as @DoctorRzepa above mentioned, only charge to 100% if you intend to use that charge straight away. If your laptop is going to sit or be stored, you should keep it in the 30-40% range imo.

uhuy123 likes this.
  7. uhuy123

uhuy123 Newbie

Reputations:
    thanks for your help, you really make it clear dude.

So what is the best, plugged in everytime I boot the laptop and make charge threshold to 80%, or should I discharge the laptop when the battery has power above 40% ?

I usually use laptop about 2-3 hours in every boot.

8. Diversion

Diversion Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What's the Chi Mei MSI TN panel model number? I have the newer Dell G7 and assuming since both machines use the same BIOS it's the same situation.. I put the AUO 120hz IPS panel in mine and have no brightness control.. we really need someone to mod a bios for us to fix it.. It should be doable.

9. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well it really depends how you use your machine and how you have it optimized/tuned.

You could boot plugged in and charge up to 80% then unplug and use it until your 2-3 hours of daily use are over and see where you land.

I would shoot to end your daily session between 30-50% SoC so the next day when you boot plugged in it doesn't take too long to charge up to 80% again which means you'll still have time in your 2-3 hour time frame to run it back down after a partial charge.

Overall I really wouldn't worry too much about it all. 40% to 80% is an easy range to stay in for your purposes. And modern battery management circuits do a pretty decent job of looking after battery health. And in addition, Windows and Dell both have fall back software based management systems built in as well.

You'd be better off getting a custom cable made that pins out correctly imo.

10. Diversion

Diversion Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Who makes such cables? I wouldn't mind just going that route either.. but a BIOS mod is way easier without having to tear down the entire machine. Are we even certain it's actually a cable issue? I thought 30 pin EDP were all the same..