Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Rowan

Rowan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I told them I wasn't pleased with the screen. Now they want me to provide them with a 2-hour time frame so that they can look into the issues and help me with "the best options available.".

Anyone else not been happy with the unit they were sent to replace a previous one? What did Dell do in regards to that?

Did I chase everyone else away from replying or have people moved on to discussing the newer "G" modes that have come out?

2. custom90gt

custom90gt Dellerator Moderator

Reputations:
    There is nothing Dell will do for you. It's a cheap panel. If you like the laptop and hate the screen then I suggest replacing the screen yourself.

Maleko48 likes this.
  3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:
    Anyone that wants to downgrade there BIOS to 1.2.0 or 1.1.3 for any reason it is possible even though Dell blocks it if trying to do it the standard way.

1. Get a USB stick and format it to FAT32

2. Download the BIOS of your choice and rename it to BIOS_IMG.rcv Make sure it looks exactly like that with rcv being lower case. You will probably have to enable show file extension types in your file explorer options in Control Panel because the file is .exe and you want to change that to .rcv

3. Power off the machine and insert USB stick and pull the power plug. Now hold CTRL+ESC on the left while plugging in the power cord. Hold the 2 keys till you see the Dell logo then a custom recovery menu will appear.

4. First thing is Reset all BIOS settings, let it do its thing, it will power on and off a few times now power down the machine again and repeat steps 3 of holding the 2 keys and plugging in the power cord only thiis time when the Custom recovery menu appears just click on the option asking you to install a different BIOS.

I have downgraded to 1.2.0 and 1.1.3 so it is certainly possible to downgrade no matter what anyone tells you.

I found a few posts of people asking about this so i figured i would do a quick write up on what i had discovered for the few who want to do it.

alexhawker, Maleko48 and Aivxtla like this.
  4. drayce

drayce Newbie

Reputations:
    Looking for help. I am attempting to run an hdmi attached monitor at 144hz or 120hz. I have the ViewSonic XG2402 https://www.viewsonic.com/us/xg2402.html which has 144hz through the hdmi ports.

FYI, I have the Dell 7577, i5 with GTX 1060 Max-Q

I purchased a new certified hdmi 2.0 cable, so I know the hdmi cable is good.

FYI, I plan to run the laptop with the lid closed / laptop display off.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

5. Wertzius

Wertzius Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    What is the problem?

6. Amr Khaled

Amr Khaled Newbie

Reputations:
    does any one have an icc profile for a calibrated screen would really help !

7. DoctorRzepa

DoctorRzepa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Amr Khaled likes this.
  8. Amr Khaled

Amr Khaled Newbie

Reputations:
  9. DoctorRzepa

DoctorRzepa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yes

10. PendragonInc

PendragonInc Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Sorry to bother everyone again, but is there like a final list of supported panels. From what I gather there are several options.

There's better 60hz panels (no idea which ones).

There's an AUO panel that can be overclocked to 100hz (i can't find it)

There's 3 120 hz panels for consideration.

Zephrus 120hz IPS (brightness doesn't work)
    AUO 120hz TN (brightness doesn't work)
    Chi Mei MSI Panel TN (brightness works)

Can anyone confirm or deny my findings and correct me if I got something wrong.