Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. alexhawker

alexhawker Spent Gladiator

Reputations:
    Haha, no worries!

2. Wertzius

Wertzius Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The Destiny 2 black screen issue is Nvidia related, not Intel related, so relax.

Maleko48 likes this.
  3. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You new guys are tripping. Aside from the audio quality being pretty "meh" (it's a Windows 10 issue at its root, not really a driver issue), this machine is fine and flawless for me on the software front. I think it's Windows 10 you all are getting hung up on and not the 7577's software.

4. laptopnoob678

laptopnoob678 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Does anyone else get this weird ghosting issue (when I close any full screen window that takes me back to the desktop)

You see it after closing Chrome in the video

https://streamable.com/otz49

5. laptopnoob678

laptopnoob678 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Also, how much was everyone able to undervolt by?

I have the i5-7300HQ and the CPU is stable at -.155v which seems a little above average, however the iGPU is stable at -.195 which seems unusual (most people on the internet mention between 30-80)

Or am I doing something wrong?

6. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Looks like Windows 10 animations to me. Look on the one screen that asks if you want to optimize windows for performance or visuals. There are lots of check boxes.

You probably aren't stressing your machine hard enough for any issues to show up. Also sometimes issues will show when idling and entering sleep mode. Your numbers are at the far end but not absolutely impossible. If you aren't running anything critical, see how long you can go before you get a random error or shutdown.

7. Rowan

Rowan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    When I first turned my 7577 on I only had the Brightness and Contrast options in that panel. I knew I wouldn't be able to install the drivers from Intel's site since the laptop had Dell's customized ones on it so I updated to the latest one on Dell's site since it said that was one of the drivers mine was behind on. After the update the Hue and Saturation options were there and I used those to make the colors look better so things did seem as washed out. As soon as I turned it on the next time the washed out colors were back and those extra two settings were gone. The Dell site said I had the latest driver.

I did a fresh install of Windows this morning and downloaded the driver from Intel's site directly and still only have the Brightness and Contrast options available. Is there anything I can do to get the Hue and Saturation ones back again so they'll stick?

8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:
    I had that problem and i cant remember what triggered it in the BIOS. Its maybe disabling legacy option ROMS. or disabling secure boot.

I am running the skip ahead build of Windows and cannot reproduce it, i tried to but saturation is there no matter what ive done.

So its either the build of Windows i am on or the intel drivers i am using.22.20.16.4836

But on my old 7577 that problem reared its head and by accident i had fixed it disabling or enabling one of those in the BIOS and could reproduce the missing saturation option.

Try secure boot first with what you are running now. Then try maybe the drivers i am using if you cannot figure it out.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  9. Rowan

Reputations:
    I tried most of your suggestions. I couldn't get that driver version to install because I kept getting the message that my system didn't meet the minimum requirements. The DellCares people keep DM'ing me to try and get me to say I'm pleased with this replacement which right now I'm not because I can't get the color settings the way I'd like them.

10. Rowan

Reputations:
    I tried the color profile for the UHD screen and it helped a bit. While my 7559 was away I've been using my old 17in Inspiron 5720 which has more color depth then the 7557 I was sent. I'm missing the 7559's screen too because I was able to tweak it to my liking. I want to give a good wack upside the back of whoever's head that came up with letting Windows control the saturation and hue settings which resulted in those options being removed from the Intel Graphic Controller setting for the 630.

I think I might just be honest with the DellCares people and tell them how unhappy I am with these color issues. I have had the same wallpaper image on all three of the models I mentioned and color wise it looks the worst on my 7557 due to the colors being so washed out. I'm beginning to think the screen may have been why this one was sent back in the first place.