Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. bananam8nuk

bananam8nuk Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ha ha ha, better be lol but who knows, to be honest they got me by the nads! not going to get it any cheaper so will just have to suck it or cancel :(

2. Wertzius

Wertzius Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Are you on battery? Then is it normal.
    Kn what frequency is it falling? It is also power throttling after reaching the short power max limit while turboing, that is normal and nothing to be concerned about.

3. laptopnoob678

laptopnoob678 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I would use the time to find another laptop tbh. My experience with this laptop has been awful. In fact the right arrow key (which I rarely use) just broke off as I was typing this (one of the plastic clips on the back broke)

I assume Dell will make me send the laptop back to them so they can take a month to replace the keyboard.

4. wali794

wali794 Newbie

Reputations:
    Nope my laptop is plugged in when gaming. It doesn't power limit throttle when just benchmarking cpu. When both the cpu and gpu are being used then it starts to power limit throttle after 10min of gameplay. It reaches about 2.2Ghz.

5. bananam8nuk

bananam8nuk Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

I feel your pain buddy

unfortunately im not going to get another gaming laptop for the same money, and its pretty much all i have, they all have thier own pitfalls, and reading and watching a shed load of reviews from people like Dave Lee etc, i just felt like this was prob worth a try,

also i have prob ordered at least 5-6 laptops/pc's form dell outlet UK inlcuding the Wifes latest Latitude 13 - 7350 Series 2-in-1, and never had to return or get one fixed,

its def the dell lottery, and guess i will find out soon enough if ive got a decent one or not,

6. Rowan

Rowan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Finally got my 7577 after it supposedly got stuck at FedEx's hub in Memphis Tuesday night going into Wednesday afternoon. FedEx said it missed making it's flight out and nobody there knew why. Dell had it sent Overnight Priority (wasted money on their part) and it was supposed to arrive yesterday by 10:30 am but made it just before that time today.

I'm just getting around to doing something with it this evening due to having to get rid of an awful headache after accepting the laptop from the FedEx lady this morning. Going to install Win 10 fresh especially since the Intel Graphics settings are acting so weird after messing with that in it's current state. It had limited color settings so I installed the newest graphics driver from the Dell site which added more options and then when I restarted those additional options disappeared again. I put some of the tips I've seen in the last few pages into wordpad doc that I'm referring to while using my old backup laptop while setting up this new one.

Today is really making me miss the option to search inside the threads themselves for keywords and etc...

Edited to ask: Did anyone else who got this one as a replacement only get the adapter itself and no cord that goes from it into the power outlet?!?

7. Berik84

Berik84 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I have some trouble installing newest Intel Graphics Driver, I tried to remove the OEM DELL iGPU driver, but still cannot install Intel Generic Driver, am I missing something or is it not possible to use Intel Drivers instead of the Dell ones? thanks

8. alexhawker

alexhawker Spent Gladiator

Reputations:
    ?

ertguer43yg6b.JPG

Maleko48 and custom90gt like this.
  9. Rowan

Rowan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I feel like an idiot now since this is the 2nd time you've pointed something out to me in the past week. I haven't used the search feature in a loooooooong time I mean since not long after the conversion so I missed improvements being made to it I think. Usually I've just stuck to whatever thread was created for the laptop model I had and a couple other ones.

That's a good question. This laptop does seem to have driver issues. I'm going to have to pickup a couple new USB drives before I can reinstall Windows since the two I have are dead. I'm guessing starting off fresh may be the only way to get the regular non Dell branded graphic drivers to work.

alexhawker likes this.
  10. Berik84

Berik84 Newbie

Reputations:
    Right? I even tried the method Intel suggests on their website and no luck, got stuck on a version from October 2017 and games like Destiny 2 or the new DayZ test versions just bug out with black screen after launching, they work only after I disable and reenable the iGPU