Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I agree I would never buy into the Killer networking hype/marketing. I have seen nothing but problems with their wireless hardware and drivers.

Samsung NVMe drivers have been solid on my PM961. I don't believe there are any firmware updates available for my drives. Thank you for the heads up though.

Aivxtla likes this.
  2. custom90gt

custom90gt Dellerator Moderator

Reputations:
    When have you seen recent issues out of curiosity? In the 15 or so laptops I've owned over the past 3 years I've not had a single Killer networking issue...

3. jin91

jin91 Newbie

Reputations:
    i got the i5 125gb ssd + 1tb HDD option but I want to upgrade the primary c drive (125gb) and the d drive (1tb hdd).

How do I go about this?

The parts I'm looking at to upgrade:

For the C drive:
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...jPcfolqN-qGMHNV19nQaAlqPEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
    For the D drive:
    https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-500G...UTF8&qid=1523578497&sr=1-3&keywords=500gb+ssd

should be <300 usd

How do I clone my current C drive with my w10 OS to my new M2 SSD? Do I clone it to my 860 internal ssd?

Or, actually does it take an m2 or m3?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  4. custom90gt

Reputations:
    I would do a fresh install to take advantage of the different hardware and get rid of all the bloat.

5. jin91

jin91 Newbie

Reputations:
    Is there a way to do a fresh install without having to buy a new copy of windows? I don't really have an issue with bloatware being on it.

6. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It’s a QoS / marketing company in effect as they make neither the cards nor drivers only product made by them is the Killer suite. The 1535 is a rebranded Qualcomm QCA6174A and the 1550 is an Intel 9260ac. The 6174A had driver issues maybe fixed by Qualcomm in later Atheros drivers, and compatibility issues with certain APs causing disconnects. Killer’s real product the Killer suite, caused quite a few people to have bandwidth issues. That kind of QoS makes more sense in a router than what their doing with that suite. As for SmartByte even Dell ironically recommends you uninstall it if you have “internet” and stutttering issues during streaming. That app is nothing but snake oil.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Maleko48 likes this.
  7. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Just go to microsoft's website:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

and make a thumbdrive. The windows key is in the bios so you don't have to repurchase anything.

8. custom90gt

Reputations:
    I understand their QoS software doesn't do anything for gaming or anything like that. With the hardware and standard drivers I've never had an issue in the many many different locations I've used them...

9. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't have any particular threads in mind off the top of my head right now. But over the last 6 months I've looked into all sorts of random Win10 quirks, bugs, and issues alongside NVIDIA driver and hardware issues. Many of the laptops that had Killer hardware were experiencing major latency issues causing stuttering and audio crackles among other things. I don't recall the specific ages of each post, and clearly it's not EVERY machine with Killer hardware. I just don't think the hype and marketing are worth it.

10. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That’s the point you technically aren’t using a Killer product without the suite, the drivers on the Killer site are just standard Intel and Qualcomm drivers that are available for generic 9260ac and QCA6174A. If there are driver issues they are fixed by Intel and Qualcomm. Without the suite the 1535 is now pretty much a standard QCA6174A and the drivers are directly from Qualcomm. The 6174A had driver issues plus incompatibilities with certain APs, you may have been lucky not to run into routers or AP chipsets it has issues with. I’ve heard the driver issues were fixed by Qualcomm.

Maleko48 likes this.