Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. jgosse01

jgosse01 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone know when the next generation Inspiron 7000 gaming laptops with 8th gen i5/7s will be released? Saw another thread that appears to have a pre-listing with 1050 Ti.

Was planning to buy 7577 with i7 and 1060, is it worth waiting?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  2. spektykles

spektykles Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    For the lulz only and some memory and CPU intensive tasks....
    7577 supports XMP 2.0, nearly all Dell laptops from 2012 support it (hell, my old Latitude E6330 still running dual 1866 XMP 1.3 stick)
    IDK, I tried at an Dell showoff booth, they have like 2 amplifiers on the show and I asked to try them. They said yes. When I bring out my 7577, some of the reps couldnt quite get it. Luckily one did bring out an dongle for converting IDK WTF proprietary one to TB3 for me to test (not exactly an dongle but a small box, less than our ac brick and has multiple output beside TB3). I though the retail Amplifier would include that, and I doesnt have they money to buy one...sigh...

3. spektykles

spektykles Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The new Dell 5587 is here with 8th gen Core, and look like our 7577 only need a board swap to become the 5587...sigh....

4. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What did you use to set that? On HWiNFO I see System Agent Clock at 798 MHz. Is that the correct target?

upload_2018-4-4_19-27-26.png

5. cloud_nine

cloud_nine Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    For those who were having issues with lag spikes on right click and other actions, a Windows update today fixed the issue for me.

6. fayth

fayth Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    how to downgrade 7577 bios version from 1.4 to 1.2 (stock) ?

7. roma90

roma90 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys.

I was reading a lot through this forum lately and decided to sign up. Yesterday i repasted my 7577, and while doing it i came across those shunt resistors and could not resist to modify them. I dont like the idea of putting Liquid metal on anything in my machine, so i soldered two R010 just on top of my notebook's shunts. Which in theory means, that their value is now 3,33 mOhm. This should increase the possible power consumption to 90w.

The reason why i wanted to bypass the TDP limit is simple: I love the machine but i hated those jumping frequencies betweein 1200-1700Mhz.
    I ran a few benchmarks before and after modding the shunts. My grafics score in firestrike was 10,3k before i modified the resistors and is 12k (whats the desktops 1060's score) now with the default curve. The frequency stays steady at 1671 Mhz and there is no more power throttling. Since i did not do this for overclocking Issues i lock the curve at 1,5Ghz @0,8 volts. This is enough power for me at the moment.

Here a pics of the motherboard:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here a screen shot after running valley:

[​IMG]

According to HW, the GPU runs on average at ~70W and the peak was at 86W. (Stock curve)
    I am not sure about the"ambient" sensor. I guess it stands for the VRM temperature, 80° isn't too high for it, is it?

Untill now all seems to work very well, but i have no long term tests yet, but will post here again if something goes wrong.

Greetz

Roman

P.S.: Notebook: Dell 7577, i7, GTX 1060, 16GB RAM, NVME SSD

rudiagusw, pressing, Aivxtla and 3 others like this.
  8. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Top notch work. This needs a spot on my 7577 thread. Although I've never had any throttling issues while plugged in and combined with a -.160 V undervolt my machine stays very chill.

I've been getting to know Throttle Stop again and was recently trying to figure out if there is a way to bypass the 15W power limit when the laptop is unplugged. It throttles the CPU into the 1.4GHz range on 4 cores while under load when unplugged which is a bit disappointing... Not that I ever intend to game on battery really.

9. Metakilt

Metakilt Newbie

Reputations:
    So my parents just bought this laptop for me 2 days ago, and i uninstalled mcafee and the likes, should i still do a fresh install? And do i need to switch my ssd to AHCI from RAID because it won't be detected during the setup?

10. speedlever

speedlever Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I certainly would ... and did. When you change to AHCI, the laptop will boot into safe mode, then should boot normally afterwards. At least mine did. Create a bootable usb drive with the Win 10 ISO and use the f12 key to selectively boot to the usb drive and reinstall Win 10 clean. Delete all partitions on the destination drive (I installed to my 256GB m.2 drive). The Win 10 installation process will create all needed partitions. All drivers will d/l and install automatically once you finish the install. Just leave it connected to the 'net and it will do it in the background.

You can get later drivers from Intel and nVidia later if you desire. It was the most painless clean install I've seen.