Dell G7 7700

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sabs47, Aug 9, 2020.

1. W.D. Stevens

W.D. Stevens Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh, really? That's great to hear. So CPU thermals are more under control now? And I know there are much better creator focused options out there but this is more to supplement a PC I'm going to build once Zen 3's out. It's far more for general use but with the capability to do some editing on-the-go when I need to which does happen.

2. Sabs47

Sabs47 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So its still idling higher than expected but gaming wise its not throttling anymore. I undervolted it to -100 and even undervolted the 2070 super to about -50. FPS is a little low but i havent really fine tuned it yet. For the most part its a lot of work to get a laptop to where I want it to be because I'm holding the Area 51M as my standard and it was ready to go out of the box

3. W.D. Stevens

W.D. Stevens Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't mind doing a bit of work to save a buck. Really, if this was regular price, I wouldn't bother but if I can get it working at this double sort of sale price, I feel like it's worth it. What idle temp are you getting? Would you be okay running a quick CPU workload for me like Cinebench or something and telling me what kind of temps/any throttling you're getting?

4. Sabs47

Sabs47 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sorry bud I've been busy with work for a bit. I'll try and get something done tonight hopefully.