Dell G7 7588 here!

Discussion in 'Dell' started by B0B, May 1, 2018.

1. Arin Faraj

Arin Faraj Newbie

Reputations:
    What tax and how much should you pay I'm not in us so i really want to know

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

2. PendragonInc

PendragonInc Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Anyone liquid metal this?

3. Support.4@XOTIC PC

Support.4@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Too bad that screen is so lackluster, otherwise would be an absolutely amazing deal.

4. LeapingGnome

LeapingGnome Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Is anyone else seeing very slow download speeds? I am getting download speeds less than 500Kbps, when my other laptops are getting much higher (I have a 100Mbps connection). I've already done the basic stuff like updating Windows and drivers (including Intel Wifi driver) and also removed the SmartByte software. I can't find any obvious reason for this. Any ideas?

5. gringo_cro

gringo_cro Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Arin Faraj likes this.
  6. LeapingGnome

Reputations:
    In case it helps anyone else, I was finally able to fix this by deleting the Wifi adapter from device manager (uninstall device), restart, then re-run the Intel driver install, and restart again.

One of the first things I did out of the box was to run Windows Update, Dell Update (only a BIOS update available), and Intel Update. So I don't know if I had not updated the Intel wifi to begin with if I would have had a problem or not.

7. Voltran

Voltran Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    heIf anyone is interested, my G5 came with ta LP156WF6-SPM3, the software reported it as LGD053F as usual.

Blues and red are bad, the luminosity is quite terrible, but the one thing that kills the panel are the crushed blacks, anything below a certain degree of luminosity is turn to black with not shades of grey on between.

http://www.panelook.com/LP156WF6-SPM3_LG Display_15.6_LCM_overview_33410.html

Oh, and the G5 in Europe comes with a fingerprint reader.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  8. LeapingGnome

Reputations:
    Did you apply one of the calibrated color profiles? I have the same screen and after I applied the profile the colors are noticeably better. I used this one from the 7577 notebookcheck review for the same panel.

9. Voltran

Voltran Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I did, there's minor improvement with regards to colout balance and slightly less crushed blacks, but on a scale of 1-10, it's like going from 3 to 4.

10. Diversion

Diversion Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So everyone, I replaced the panel with a AUO42ED (120hz IPS). Lost brightness control completely but it sure is a GORGEOUS screen with excellent color and brightness :/ Unsure what to do.. The loss of brightness control is a big deal for me as the new panel is excruciatingly bright

We would need someone like Prema to mod our BIOS to get brightness working I think.. This would have been the ultimate perfect machine if the 120hz + brightness worked.

Also, pinging @Prema for any ideas please??

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018