Dell G7 7588 here!

Discussion in 'Dell' started by B0B, May 1, 2018.

1. bhadrakalpa

bhadrakalpa Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

2. timtx1

timtx1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks everyone for the advice. Based on that, I have cancelled my G7 and am inquiring about the UHD model.

Of course, at the $1399 price range, I wonder if there are comparable models with these specs and a UHD screen.

And, I wish they offered the white in the UHD. I really liked that and it is a shame to give it up.

3. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Look for coupons online, Dell always has those and you can get discounts just by calling Dell as well. You can even do a combination of both. Just never buy from Amazon where laptops are usually overpriced. SAVE12 (Expires May 10) I believe is a $120 coupon. The FHD I7 one is $950 with that coupon.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  4. timtx1

timtx1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Although they say "site wide" for that discount, it doesn't apply to the new XPS or G series laptops. I tried online and I have talked with a sales rep, including her manager.

After tax with a lesser discount it would be about $1360 shipped.

5. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Looks like it expired for the G7 as multiple sites mentioned the discount. Just wait for Memorial Day pretty sure new coupons by then if not earlier. Even by ordering and threatening to cancel, I was unsure when I ordered and they gave $50 discount for not canceling my 7567 last year.

6. timtx1

timtx1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    That's a good idea. They will probably have some decent memorial day sales.

I told her that I had read that people got the full discount. She asked me for order numbers to prove it. I told her if I couldn't get the full discount that I'd just wait for the Memorial day sales. She said nothing. Maybe she knows that there'll be sales, or maybe she just doesn't care.

My Lenovo is still in the box. Maybe I'll try it out and see how bad it is. Maybe I'll get lucky and get one of the better display panel manufacturers for it. Apparently different runs have different displays.

7. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    So 3.7Ghz is what is obtainable? Any hopes of hitting that magical 4Ghz? Across all cores of course.

8. B0B

B0B Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Six Core maximum would be 3.9ghz.

If you lock your display at 60 Hz the GPU in the CPU stay pretty steady for the most part until they both get hammered hard.

Uncapped there’s fluctuation.

9. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Ah OK

It's a fairly interesting machine, if I sold my alienware I may pick it up on a sale or second hand at some point.

10. timtx1

timtx1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It's interesting that these sometimes ship with the AUO63ED which is a better screen than the LG with better color reproduction and the possibility of over clocking. I abandoned the G7 for the EVGA SC15 deal that is going on right now. But, since I can't replace the battery or power supply after two years if EVGA stops manufacturing them, maybe trying the G7 and hoping for an AUO display panel is the best approach. I kept my last laptop for seven years and I have no plans of swapping out this one after only two years.