Dell G7 7588 here!

Discussion in 'Dell' started by B0B, May 1, 2018.

1. ha1o2surfer

ha1o2surfer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My 7588 has very impressive temps under full load.

a Cinebench benchmark while running Tessmark nets around 70c GPU temps (running at 1680mhz) and the CPU at 85c running at 3.6-7Ghz. Reviews claimed the fans were loud but they are not at all. They ramp up and down quickly and in a smooth manner and within a matter of 5 seconds of no load temps are back in the 40s and fans are off. I prefer that

Anybody have any questions

rudiagusw and Maleko48 like this.
  2. ha1o2surfer

ha1o2surfer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  3. AMIT KUMAR SINGH

AMIT KUMAR SINGH Newbie

Reputations:
    My CPU throttles to .8 GHz, after undervolting and removing the battery and plugging it back, it reaches to 1.45Ghz max but still not anywhere close to what it should be.
    I have seen multiple post regarding this issue, this G7 is completely unusable when on battery for me. Any fix?

4. JediTreasley

JediTreasley Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok guys, been awhile since I’ve been here - been awhile since I owned a notebook. So I received my White G7 the beginning of this week. The first thing I noticed was this shreak of the plastic when opening the screen. Like cheap plastic flexing sounds. I scrutinized it and it seemed to be coming from where the bezels meet or attach to the LCD.

So I called Dell for a replacement, and it did the same thing - also it had a ticking fan, so I sent that one back. I kept the original BUT I just want to hear from some of you guys if this squeaking and plastic bend sound is normal? Makes me want to return it and wait for the Alienware m15.