Dell G7 7588 here!

Discussion in 'Dell' started by B0B, May 1, 2018.

1. Arin Faraj

Arin Faraj Newbie

Reputations:
    well i know but i still have the high temperature also still getting 4Ghz somehow

also i record at 1080p 60fps 10 bitrate

2. custom90gt

custom90gt Dellerator Moderator

Reputations:
    Then your undervolt isn't working for one reason or another. Trust me, no mobile cpu can handle that kind of undervolt and run at its rated speed.

Maleko48 and Arin Faraj like this.
  3. Mantas_Ray

Mantas_Ray Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys,
    Around 2 months ago I bought Dell G7, i7-8750H CPU, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, 128 SDD + 1000 GB HDD. I just finished moving from my old MacBook to this PC, and I love some if its features - rendering speed, game quality, etc. But many times my new Dell is just too slow to do anything. e.g. using Adobe Illustrator and Autodesk Fusion 360 at the same time slows my machine so much that even the mouse cursor is moving at the speed around 1 fps (Even though no app uses a significant part of CPU/MEMORY/GPU). I've tried running driver updates, anti-malware and anti-virus check, Dell provided diagnostics. Everything is checking out fine. And it is still slowing down.
    Also, once a week I had a BSOD: kmode exception not handled, failed tsmbco10x64.sys. Seemed it might be something with my drivers. Reinstalled all of them - no BSOD anymore. Now sometimes it's just freezing and must be reset. What else can I do to keep working with this new Dell?
    Cheers!

4. sharpman

sharpman Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    A clean OS installation would be a good thing to do in this case, or at least a system restore to troubleshoot software problems.

5. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Good news: it is not specific to your new model of Dell.

It appears to be driver related causing memory corruption based on the two threads linked below. I would start by uninstalling Smart Byte networking optimizer and go from there. In your case an SFC scan or clean install may help too.

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/BSoD-Inspiron-7567/td-p/6086226

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/8yv2ho/bsod_irql_not_less_or_equal_on_dell_7577/

6. Newsoyer

Newsoyer Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello.
    Laptop has a 30pin display connector. Is it possible to get a 4k uhd display for this connector? I searched Web and all I found was 120hz fhd screen but no uhd screen models with 30pin connection, for 7588 15.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

7. Maleko48

Reputations:
    In 98% of cases it's not going to happen... Unless you're an evil genius with some solid electrical engineering knowledge and mad max hacking and modding skills.

rudiagusw likes this.
  8. Newsoyer

Newsoyer Newbie

Reputations:
    Then what's the highest quality display I can get for my laptop? I'm just not really satisfied with display quality, colors seems to be a bit dim.

9. Maleko48

Reputations:
    Start by giving us the exact model and manufacturer of your current panel. There are a handful of programs you can grab the information from. I typically use AIDA64 but you can also try Monitor Asset Manager.

This should get you started:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/laptop-screen-upgrades.816139/

10. Newsoyer

Newsoyer Newbie

Reputations:
    My display panel is LGD053F