Dell G7 7588 here!

Discussion in 'Dell' started by B0B, May 1, 2018.

1. B0B

B0B Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

I have the G7 7588 featuring the following:

i7 8750h
    GTX 1060 Max-Q
    256 gb SSD Micron 1100
    FHD LGD053F (not impressed) Dell pic on the left and the 720s over 90%sRGB panel on the right.
    The LG display on the Dell is washed out. I may source a 120hz panel.

All for $1080
    Licorice Black with Blue accents.

Any questions?

*3D Mark https://www.3dmark.com/fs/15444593
    *3D Mark 11 https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12769817

*Build looks and feels just like the 7577. The blue is fun and the heatsink fins are blue too.

*Keyboard deck is solid so feel free to park your car on it.

*CPU thermally just like most of these 8750h chips....HOT. Near TJMax in BF1 64p Conquest in less than 1 hour 96c with ambient at 74f. All stock. Undervolt is in experimentation at -.125 and we're at 93c now.

*GPU is cool as a cucumber but won't OC consistently. In BF1 you'll be around upper 1500mhz and in Overwatch you'll be around 1671mhz. 77c max so far...MAX. It's a shared heatsink so there's heat transfer.

**BF1 64p Conquest is the thermal-killer app that's a real world scenario. Playing most other titles and it's substantially cooler. This is uncapped running wide open with no 60 fps limit.

*Acoustically it's nothing impressive but considering the thin-ish chassis and a 12 thread CPU, it's acceptable and will definitely hold its own against the competition costing 50% more.

**That's really what makes this so great. It's a solid and seasoned chassis that Dell as managed to pack some sweet components inside while costing less than EVERYONE else.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    custom90gt likes this.
  2. custom90gt

custom90gt Dellerator Moderator

Reputations:
    Any 3dmark scores?

3. don_svetlio

don_svetlio In the Pipe, Five by Five.

Reputations:
    Pics? Internal, External and thermals. Also, what materials are used for the chassis?

4. Montségur

Montségur Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just bought the 7577 a few months ago and have been frustrated by stuttering and in-game frame rate drops. So far I've chalked it up to either the classic windows/optimus stutter bug or the weak CPU (i5-7300HQ), but now I'm thinking about selling it and getting this one. The questions I have are:

a) In-game performance and windows animations - any stuttering?

b) No fingerprint reader on the G7? Other reviewers have said no, so confirmation on that point would be great.

c) You mentioned that the build is just like the 7577 - is the keyboard chassis made of the same aluminium and is it as firm?

d) How much RAM came with your system? Here in Canada we seem to be paying a premium for any Dell system with 16GB of ram, so I'm curious if yours had 8 or 16.

Thanks in advance!

5. bhadrakalpa

bhadrakalpa Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    About the screen? Washed color or vivid?

6. B0B

B0B Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Updated OP

7. franzerich

franzerich Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That size difference compared to the 15" Ideapad 720s (in the photo)... a Monster... :shocked:

8. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nice. Looks like an awesome system. Congrats!

9. B0B

B0B Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It’s a fun physical comparison lol.

That Lenovo is basically a 14” chassis with a 15” screen. Pretty awesome form factor that’s closer to our 13” MacBook Air than a 15” 7588.

10. DackEW

DackEW Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    3dmark 11 score pls... it is probably will be better buy with Core I5, fewer cores, less heat! Is there any game which benefit from 6cores?
    But probably I will just stay with the Inspiron 7577 with quad core I7. That one can run Windows 7 and no above mentioned stuttering issues.