Dell e1705 owners I could use some advice

Discussion in 'Dell' started by jeffsiler, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reaper21

Reaper21 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Make sure you buy the extended warranty, alot of people have been complaining that thier laptops last fine for about 1 year then after that they get all sorts of problems, trust me the extended warranty is worth it. I've had my 9400 for about 3 months and i can easily feel the keyboard is starting to wear out (some keys don't spring back as nicely as they use too), also mine was perfect for a month or two and then all of a sudden its developed a few problems (won't turn on sometimes, harddrive grinds etc.). trust me extended warranty is worth it, these 9400's seem to develop problems all of a sudden

(by the way the 9400 is the same as the e1705 just badged different for different areas)

2. jeffsiler

jeffsiler Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks for the advice about the warranty. Right now after doing some research, I am really torn between the e1405 and the e1705. After coupons I can get the 1405 for $650 (1.66 + truelife etc), or the 1705 for $1250(1.83+7900gs).

The 1405 is half of the 1705, more portable, but lacks the 7900.

The 1705 has a huge screen, and allows me to play games until the fall when I get a conroe box.

Has anyone tried both of these?

Jeff

3. Deadbolt360

Deadbolt360 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have not, but those two notebooks are in two different worlds. One is not graphically strong, but very portable while the other is very strong all around but a beast to lug around. I personally just bought the e1705 for 1600 w/ 4 year complete care coverage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.