Dell 9100 review from me too

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sequoia225, Mar 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gigabyte

Gigabyte Newbie

Reputations:
    Just so all will know. Just looked at the Dell forum and it's been said that the XPS models are in the hands of some customers and one of the poster's has said that his I9100 has been sent to the shipping department. Looks like they are getting these laptops out finally. I'm sure they would not ship if any of these have any problems. Here's a url..

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=cc_order_status&message.id=85757

2. v-balla6

v-balla6 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey fellas i ordered mine on march 2nd and it is on it's way as of TODAY and is due at my house on wedsday! I will post pics and a review of this crazy laptop! games that will be tested on it are, UT2k4, Tactical ops, and Need 4 speed Underground, and the oldieStar wars jedi knight II Jedi Outcast! Looks like dell is moving things along i got worried there for a secondbut hang in there guys they will come, "If you build it, they will come".

On the way I hope!!! Dell Inspiron 9100
    P4 3.0, 15.4 UXGA Wide Screen, 512 DDR SDRAM 400MHz, 128MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9700, 60 GB Ultra ATA HD, 24x CD-RW/DVD, TrueMobile1400 WLAN!

3. TheShaman

TheShaman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Gigabyte:
    Recent Dell history would certainly indicate the possibility of Dell rushing things again. Had they done things right to begin with, the 9100 wouldn't have been offered until the bugs were worked out. Instead, they rushed it and ended up shipping less-than-good units.
    Hopefully for y'all things are fixed, but I'd keep my fingers crossed.

4. leifashley

leifashley Newbie

Reputations:
    I have my 9100 here. It's decked out except I have a 60GB 7200rpm drive. I had an 8600 before this, but the 9100 came out in time for me to swap it.

The machine in the freak'in ticket. I play warcraft III TFT here, and it is the fastest machine in the office, even over desktops. I can actually see all my units attacking now. The machine puts the 8600 and ATI 9600 to shame. I love this thing.

I'm also a java developer, and compile times are about half now as well. I haven't tried rendering yet, but I'm sure 3D work will be just as nice.

A few interesting notes, the 10lbs doesn't bother me, but the notebook is THICK! This is mainly due to the heatsync for cooling on the bottom, but still I have to get a new notebook case. Also the processor fan comes on less for this machine than my old 8600. It stays VERY cool.

However wait to you guys see the power supply! It's about 3 times the size of a normal power supply, and it gets rather warm. As for me, I couldn't care less about this stuff... I have been waiting on this type of laptop for about 4 years now. I'm so freak'in stoked!

Email: leifashley@yahoo.com if you have questions.

5. briggs_ca

briggs_ca Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    me too :D

my power bar thing is warm most of the time, im really quite suprised its not hot, its like.. "luke warm" if you could compare it to that lol, even when i play games and the fans start goin on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.