Dell 9100 review from me too

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sequoia225, Mar 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galliano

galliano Newbie

Reputations:
    Mine's in production as well, according to the website.

Looks like we're the 1st batch of 9100 users. Oh boy .... i dun like the sound of that! [xx(]

2. Morbidsoul

Morbidsoul Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, I never got an email back, but I got an automated call saying that my order has been delayed due to parts that were not available, and my new estimated ship date is for March 25th, I'm just hoping they mean in 2004. [;)]

3. playadru182

playadru182 Newbie

Reputations:
    I ordered my 9100 on 3-2-04, and i just contacted dell by phone yesterday. Throughout the conversation i was informed that it was a shortage of the motherboard... and that the ship date was around the 9th - 15th of April!!! Sounds really rediculous to me, but i guess this is what we get for being on top of the game. I hope i can wait, because another month is gonna kill me [:p]

4. gamesbond

gamesbond Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How does the 9100 compare to the M60? M60 has a better graphics board (quadro 1000)? I'm thinking in purchasing one of these for multimedia applications such as premiere, 3d max, flash...thanks guys

5. Sequoia225

Sequoia225 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just called Dell and the reason for my new April 16th ship date (it was supposed to be today) is due to the screens not being available. They are awaiting shipments of the screens.

So we have all sorts of reasons.

6. jjallison

jjallison Newbie

Reputations:
    Bad news guys,

I ordered my 9100 in february, and am STILL waiting. (current ship date is 4/7)

Got to the root of the problem tho- There is a flaw in the design. The notebook will not work unless the battery AND the power cord is plugged in.

Hope they work it out soon.

7. jjallison

jjallison Newbie

Reputations:
    Oh yeah, see

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=cc_order_status&message.id=83677&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

for more info. It appears that we are not alone.

8. lighthousewilly

lighthousewilly Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In my many countless hours of reading I discovered one thing about a higher speed hd. If your running just off of battery power it will suck up your battery life.

9. Sequoia225

Sequoia225 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    IVe had a laptop since 98. Ive probably used the battery about 10 % of the time Ive had it. Id rather have the boosted speed and one program I am going to use actually requires that speed so Im just thankful that its offered.

dave

10. Gigabyte

Gigabyte Newbie

Reputations:
    Just wondering if anyone has received their Dell 9100. I ordered mine on the 2ed of March and it should have been to me by the end of March. They sent me a email and said that it would not ship until the middle of April. Was really surprised that it is showing that it has made it thru kitting, build, testing and now it's been in the "boxing" phase since the 27th of March. I've bought several Dell's in the last few years and it has always shipped with in 24 to 48 hours. Just worries me that they haven't shipped year. Anyone have a clue?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.