Dell 7570 gpu thermal limit

Discussion in 'Dell' started by WhataD, Feb 21, 2018.

1. WhataD

WhataD Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For what I know:
    - the 940MX since it is not a Pascal GPU cannot be undervolted using MSI Afterbuner, so this is an option to eliminate
    - undervolting the CPU with XTU or Trottlestop (i have done this) is pretty easy and can lower temps of the CPU expecially under heavy load, and since the GPU and the CPU (as you said) are basically cooled by the same heatpipe, lowering the CPU temps will surely be a good thing even for the GPU.
    - Repasting is always a good thing to do, and reading online seems that the best paste is Thermal Grozzly Kryonaut (except for liquid metal), i have actually repasted mine (see this thread for more info http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/cooling-solution-suggestions.814576/)
    - Thermal pads... I need to try them

franzerich likes this.
  2. alihussan

alihussan Newbie

Reputations:
    After my old laptop kicked the virtual bucket (for those interested, it was an ASUS K56CB - lasted me 4+ years), I decided to get something better not just in terms of specs but also design.

3. alihussan

alihussan Newbie

Reputations:
    As many of you probably know, there aren't many laptops on the market that can tick 'em all but one of those that can is the Dell XPS 15. This laptop, while great in many ways, has its fair share of issues from dead/blocked pixels, backlight bleed, screen flickering, bad WiFi card, thermal issues and the list goes on. Granted, you'd have to be a pretty unlucky bloke to get a unit with at least a couple of these issues so I decided to try my luck and buy one. First unit had the most horrific coil whine and backlight bleed I have ever heard & seen. I had to return it and get another one. The replacement had dead pixels and pretty bad clouding.

4. alihussan

alihussan Newbie

Reputations:
    As many of you probably know, there aren't many laptops on the market that can tick 'em all but one of those that can is the Dell XPS 15. This laptop, while great in many ways, has its fair share of issues from dead/blocked pixels, backlight bleed, screen flickering, bad WiFi card, thermal issues and the list goes on. Granted, you'd have to be a pretty unlucky bloke to get a unit with at least a couple of these issues so I decided to try my luck and buy one. First unit had the most horrific coil whine and backlight bleed I have ever heard & seen. I had to return it and get another one. The replacement had dead pixels and pretty bad clouding. Decided to return it once again just to get a unit (from a different batch) with the same issues. For a laptop with a premium price tag, Dell seems to not really care about quality control. The store that I got the laptop from said they don't want anything to do with me after exchanging 3 laptops so I contemplated getting it off of amazon but living in a country where amazon isn't available meant I had to rely on shipping services to deliver a 2K laptop in perfect condition.

5. WhataD

WhataD Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've noticed some Coil Whine in my laptop too, and the Dell support told me that this is a problem on the i7 model of the Inspiron 7570... Can i ask you which model did you have (i5 or i7)?
    Then i have even some problem with the audio speakers... they sound very crappy, even playing a youtube video with someone talking they sound very bad when the tone of the voice is slightly higher... Does anyone have same problem ?