Dell 17r N7720 SE - user review

Discussion in 'Dell' started by c_man, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toefuu

toefuu Newbie

Reputations:
    It appears that Windows 10 replaced the audio drivers with ones without the sub support.
    I fixed it by re-installing "5460_Audio_Driver_HCMKP_WN_6.10.0.6426_A00.EXE", the windows 8.1 audio driver from dell's website.

2. ycomp

ycomp Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a 7720 SE 17R with an i5 (Socket G2), I am going to upgrade it to the 3940XM. I was wondering if anyone knew what kinda of power adapter I would need to have it run without any problems.. 130 or 150? I would prefer the 130W if it will work since I assume that it would be smaller.

3. CaerCadarn

CaerCadarn Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @KSMB @lancorp I Hope, it's not too late to get an advice regarding non Dell batteries!? :)

I got a 6cell 60wh for my 7720 17R SE and it's working and charging, but I get this disturbing warning after the boot logo that "this battery is not recommended for this system and may not function as intended". Besides this the battery is just working fine.

Is there a way to get rid of this post logo warning? I already uninstalled the ACPI driver, but it kept showing after rebooting. In Bios the battery is not identified/unknown and greyed out.

4. CaerCadarn

Reputations:
    Oh no.....! This thread is dead, DEAD!!! :tears:

5. Jason Novak

Jason Novak Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I had the same battery message, I was able to turn off the warning in the bios. I could have sworn I'd tried that before, maybe they changed something in a bios update. Need to get another battery myself, I got the 9cell one that tilts and it's going bad

CaerCadarn likes this.
  6. CaerCadarn

Reputations:
    Do you possibly know where you could turn it off in the Bios? I didn't found anything indicating it. :(

7. Jason Novak

Jason Novak Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Advanced, Adapter Warnings. Maybe that's why I missed it before - you'd think that was only for non-dell unknown wattage adapters, but turning it off makes the unknown battery/press F1 message go away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.