Dell 1705 Lagging after 3 months of use.

Discussion in 'Dell' started by khanhfat, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reaper21

Reaper21 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey,

I was having the same problem mate, seems its got something to do with a fault in your motherboard (thats what the dell tech said anyway) so he switched it out and gave me a new one and bingo no more problems, give dell a call and get your motherboard replaced cause its faulty

2. khanhfat

khanhfat Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    thanks alot man... i'll check it. I check the GPU heat... and it goes pretty high if u leave the fan "normal mode", it was like 72 C. i have to use the software to force high speed fan to cool it down.

3. khanhfat

khanhfat Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'll give dell a call if i can get any replacement. They are not very keen on getting return products.

4. jellystones

jellystones Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Id like to know how a save point would be able to do anything about a corrupted BIOS flash.

Also to the original poster, sounds like a memory or motherboard issue as others on this forum have mentioned.

Also when you say you reinstalled windows, did you do a "complete reinstall" including formatting the system?

5. khanhfat

khanhfat Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah yeah... reformat complete installation for 6 times already, after everytime reinstall, it runs slower and more problem happends. I got this in April, the reason why i haven't call dell for replacement is i have a lot of stuff to do on my laptop , and i don't want to use my grandfather's computer. I gotta go out the store and get a 250gb hdd for back up before i return this laptop.

6. david714

david714 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Reinstalling and defrag, will not fix this. The first problem, BAD_POOL_CALLER, is a device driver bug. The second one (blue screen with not much text) is more serious, it is an NMI (non maskable interrupt) error. That is a hardware problem almost 100% of the time. It can be caused by an error on the PCI bus, defective memory, defective processor, bad solder joint on the motherboard, and lots of other things, but never by software. Are you overclocking? Excessive heat can also cause hardware to misbehave. Are your fans working?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.