Dell 11 3000 needs device driver to re install OS

Discussion in 'Dell Inspiron and Dell Studio' started by pclaptop23hour, Jan 18, 2017.

1. 311ot

311ot Newbie

Reputations:

hi i found a way to install new os you need to turn off legacy boot and secure boot then turn on boot mode to UEFI to install linux. i tried with many linux like centos,arch linux,gentoo linux,ubuntu but i failed in them then i searched a lite weight linux on google then i found the bodhi linux and i tried to install it.after many trials i successfully installed it on my dell inspiron 11(3162)2gb ram 32gb model and celron processor and preinstalled with windows 10 home.hope this will help you i am not a tech i just tried it so dont know about any technical errors so be careful when you tries it i just tried it luckily got success.

2. rcsekhar

rcsekhar Newbie

Reputations:

3. rcsekhar

rcsekhar Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello .After thouroughly going through all the forums and viewing all the videos on this problem I think found a solution( atleast it worked for me). tried installing the OS through an external dvd drive instead of a Pen drive. I pressed F11 and then tried selecting the F12 booting options, it took me to the booting options screen , there i selected the UEFI cd/dvd option and it started to boot.

regards

PS: I dont know if this has anything to do with the installing process but i tried 'ctrl + F11' , it gave me a diagnostic clear message and then rebooted the laptop again

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  4. MICHAEL0812

MICHAEL0812 Newbie

Reputations:
    For the Dell flavour of these cheap laptops I suggest the following;

you can download an image using service tag of the device, in my case it gave a me a windows 10 image straight to USB key.. Win10 is too large for 32gig thats obvious, my preference was windows 7 but not enough drivers and failed to start so opted for windows 8.1 still much smaller.

I used an UEFI bootable USB created in rufus and a iso containing both win7 and win8, this loaded the required USB drivers which are not present in the win7 iso.
    I assume here you have erased your Emmc disc already!!

Go ahead and insert the recovery usb from dell, boot up from it now..
    once the device reaches 44% completed turn of the machine and remove the flash drive, I only used it to setup the Emmc format and partitions.
    now insert you windows installation disc , ideally an iso containing win8 and 7

Maleko48 likes this.
  5. MICHAEL0812

MICHAEL0812 Newbie

Reputations:
    continuing on ... sorry wrong button hit !
    and reboot tapping the manual boot key to select the uefi usb key we have made, interestingly the bios on these machines is happy to accept and NTFS format instead of fat32 and still boot fine..

Win 8 will load out of the box missing some drivers, these are easy to find just add the wireless driver and use windows update to locate the missing drivers...

Win 7 is a bigger problem as it can't boot the laptop out of the box, drivers will need adding to the install i expect - just gets in a boot loop after installation.

Maleko48 likes this.
  6. Zloi_Ivan

Zloi_Ivan Newbie

Reputations:
    As i can understand in that topic you cant solve this issue, ive got a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 (duck Fell!) and have the same problem. Ive find out a solve https://community.spiceworks.com/to...indows-10-on-dell-inspiron-11-3162-emmc-drive
    If you had a black screen after booting from usb, just turn off legacy boot in bios - intel integrated garphic problems. Also i turnd off tpm-module (whatever, just turn it off - dont let evil to prevail!).
    Best regards
    from mother-Russia
    P.S. because i have to spend for this problem 3 days of my life, register on this forum just to post a link.
    P.P.S. Also duck a fell support team. U guys suck.

Maleko48 likes this.