Debating trading my Asus Zephyrus GX501 for a Strix GL503 Scar

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Analogboy, Dec 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mason2smart

mason2smart Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Odd dips when turning or scoping.

Use the ~ to type perfoverlay.drawcpugraph

To see cpu spiking

2. Analogboy

Analogboy Newbie

Reputations:
    I will try that graph next time I play and update. However I didn't notice and skips and stutters while scoping at all. The only thing I noticed was my frame rate being at 50 or so for about 5 seconds upon loading a new map, but over those 5 seconds you can watch it jump around 10fps every second until it gets to around 120, then the performance is great for the rest of the match.

The only game that resembled the behaviour you're talking about was The Division, and it wasn't so much as the game stuttering, it was more the frame rate fluctuating from 120fps to 70ish. Keep in mind certain settings in The Division are really resource hungry and even on my desktop with a 1080ti I lowered some of the heavy hitters to high instead of ultra to get the frame rate consistently over 100fps (at 1440p). I did the same on this laptop and it's been great. Overall I am really impressed with not only the gaming performance, but the display's ability to showcase it. The Zephyrus response time simply wasn't fast enough for gaming.