Death Stranding Looks really great

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by JRE84, Jul 14, 2020.

1. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Still messing around in the game almost every day. Lately I've slowed down with the main story, I feel I'll make my future much better if I spend some time rebuilding roads. It's not tedious, you have to keep doing regular delivery missions to get access to materials... I find the process relaxing. I think I'm about 4 sections away from connecting the two main cities.

I'm a bit worried with Horizon Zero Dawn coming out shortly... I hope I won't neglect Death Stranding too much. I've been always saying, there are just too few hours in a day :)

2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    pretty well optimized....I don't know but this is the game to beat

cucubits likes this.
  3. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yep. Now with Horizon Zero Dawn out of the way, I'll resume Death Stranding... any day now.

JRE84 likes this.
  4. Tyranus07

Tyranus07 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is there any fix for the 60 fps cap in cinematics??? It looks pretty choppy compared to the in-game frame rate. I remember reading that Kojima said that this game was intend to be played at 60 fps but it "might" work well at higher frame rates. Maybe that's why cinematics are capped

JRE84 likes this.
  5. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    cut scenes are capped and their is no need need for anything higher than 60...you wont spot the difference since animations are capped

6. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Charles P. Jefferies charles since your a bit older than me, Have you noticed how many new great aaa games are coming out and the launch of next gen have you ever seen things this crazy since the original release of crysis in 2007...things are just insane so much going on all at once!!

7. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The last new game I played was Shadow of the Tomb Raider; it looks convincing to me with ray-tracing enabled.
    It's a great time to be a gamer.

Charles

JRE84 likes this.
  8. Tyranus07

Tyranus07 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    But I see the stutter at 60 fps cut scenes. Maybe my eyes are getting use to higher frame rates or maybe the cut scenes were originally rendered at 30 fps and Kojima used some magic software to convert to 60 fps, but the frame rate of cut scenes in this game annoys me

9. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    with so many great games its hard to see what will stack up