Dad uses Facebook to teach daughter a lesson

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nick, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Don't worry, I agree with you as well :) I think most people just see this as a triumph over spoiled internet-centric children and so they "attaboy" people who represent the old ways and "good old-fashioned parenting". How this is typical is beyond me. The girl's obviously a spoiled brat, but the dad isn't much better.

But mostly it's the carnage of a destroyed innocent laptop that makes me sad :(

2. s2odin

s2odin Merrica!

Reputations:
    Saw this a few days ago.

It's awesome. Children who grow up in homes with both a mother and father and have chores and a structured day are way ahead of everyone else. I wish I had chores when I was younger, I wish I had a father in my life. The article says he was a Marine so he probably wanted his child to have a very structured life, and be very self sufficient. She should have been actively looking for a job as well. Working when you are young puts a lot of character and gives them lots of morals and values. It also teaches them the value of a dollar.

She's going to end up thanking him one day.

3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Yeah, I hear ya. My parents divorced when I was young, and my dad really wasn't in my life much and my mom worked all the time. I think his example is grandstanding a bit and a little extreme. But I can see the need to do things similar to this if you've exhausted all other possibilities. He was a little too much "well I'll show you!", but whatever, good entertainment nevertheless.

4. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Disturbing video.

In any event, normally this kind of a video can't be posted here because of the NSFW content. But since you got it from the "lawless PANASONIC forum" I'd be a hypocrite for deleting it here. Wish we could get that forum section under control and within conformity to community standards. But I digress.

In the future, please and kindly do not post videos with NSFW content in this section of the forum. In other words, if it isn't rated PG*, don't do it.

*PG = no cussin', no nudity.

5. Teraforce

Teraforce Flying through life

Reputations:
    Agreed. Especially since it was an HP :(

Honestly, though, it's hard to judge the father and the daughter just from this one video. You'd have to spend at least a few weeks living at that household to see how the family dynamics work there.

6. key001

key001 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Who cares about failbook?

7. Nick

Nick Mr.Mischief

Reputations:
    2.0 has spoken!:) Video in OP has been removed.

8. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Props bro. Appreciate that. +Rep :)

9. miro_gt

miro_gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    thumbs up for the dad :D

10. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    He was a Marine? :D

Not surprised.

He got child services and stuff called on him, but from what I heard most of the cops and stuff were more like "good job" rather than "I hope you burn"

Still this is over the top and more of a claim to fame than any real "lesson" IMO, there are plenty of things you can do that have just as strong of a penalty that do not involve destroying a laptop and making a scene, and who knows how things could have gone. Just having the right lawyer say that he has demonstrated dangerous behavior and has anger management issues he could lose his child in a snap.

If I did a stunt like this my x would pull it on me like a blanket soaked in chloroform and I wouldn't wake up till I was in court in front of a judge with my testicles in one hand and my wallet in the other.

But all said and done I guess he did make a point, even if it is a hollow point :D (or 6, or 8)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.