Dad uses Facebook to teach daughter a lesson

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nick, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Mr.Mischief

Reputations:
    Found this in the Panasonic Forum:

And

2. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    An apple does not fall far from the tree.

3. Vogelbung

Vogelbung I R Judgemental

Reputations:
    I'd have blown it up, with confetti on top. Or gone Riverdance on it. Something with a bit of drama and fun.

A pistol is a bit... Stetson-wearing, goatee-sporting,and probably Corvette-wannabe-driving overcompensator.

4. Nick

Nick Mr.Mischief

Reputations:
    Even a good tree produces bad fruit occasionally.

5. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Probably I should bill my parents.
    I agree with what he said, but that shooting part was a bit too cruel. He could have just done that off camera. Still probably should thank him for not using a shotgun or a bazooka.

6. MAA83

MAA83 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    A shotgun would've been awesome. Much more messy. Maybe skeet shoot it with a side-by-side shotgun so we can see it explode mid-air. Who are the whiny parents who called CPS on the guy?! You can't even raise your voice to a child these days without some nosy person questioning your parenting skills...

A little public humiliation via FB never hurt anyone, he's not bullying her, he's not embarrassing her, he's just giving her a taste of her own medicine with regards to publicly disrespecting her parents like that online.

7. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    He's not embarrassing her? I just seeing a lose lose situation and don't think highly of either him or her. I really don't think this will become a 'learning moment' in their relationship but a marker whereby they become more distant toward each other. She's a self absorbed teenager but parental fail IMO.

8. MAA83

MAA83 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The embarrassment is not detrimental to her growth and development, SHE may think it is, but we all know from experience that what seems important to us as children really isn't when we get older (OMG I'll never be able to show my face in school again), kids are babied too much these days. Too much entitlement and the incorrect mentality of being on equal footing with your parents. And maybe she'll learn something if she's on the receiving end instead of the giving end of the embarrassment and betrayal of trust. My mom would've slapped me into the fourth dimension if I had said stuff like that about my mom n dad in public (I won't be there to wipe your a** when you're older?? Talk about a shamelessly disrespectful child). It's not the first offense apparently so sitting down and having a talk with her obviously wasn't a good enough deterrent or solution the first time around.

9. JOSEA

JOSEA NONE

Reputations:
    I wish I could +1 REP the dude in the video, hope he did a full system image B4 bang bang.
    @Fishon, do you mean he is a MBP kind of guy ? :eek:

10. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Appears I'm in the minority, but that's what it's all about here. Dunno, I still think the father is grandstanding and my senses tell me he is not a particularly a good parent. He's lost her already, and how much does it have to do with parenting skills we'll never know.

A MBP is not in her immediate future that's for sure. Maybe an eMachine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.