Cyberpunk 2077 chat thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by krabman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    GTA V has a more fleshed out open world, while CP2077 has a deeper gameplay (think Deus Ex Human Revolution or Mankind Divided set in open world).

2. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    GTA4 is better than GTA5 and one of the greatest open world games of all time, AI was amazing and the world lived more, better more mature story rather than action movie story etc

KING19, TR2N and Starlight5 like this.
  3. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    6:02 starts getting hilarious

JRE84 likes this.
  4. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I just had to go look. GTA 4 I played a total of 30 hrs, really wasn't my cup of tea at all. GTA 5 I had more fun with at 83 hrs since it could be played 1st person, but it was just an action game for me, played thru the story and I was done with it.

CP77 is an RPG, yeah the games have some similarities but it's all about the build and trying different play styles out. At 44 hrs already in the first 10 days, obviously I will get a ton more enjoyment out of it.

JRE84 likes this.
  5. ratchetnclank

ratchetnclank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Honestly i don't see why people are comparing to GTA? The similarities begin and end with it being a open world set in a city. The game is so far from GTA in gameplay it's like comparing the Witcher 3 to GTA.

hfm and Porter like this.
  6. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Agreed. I think since you can steal cars maybe? Like I said it's comparing an action game to an RPG.

7. aarpcard

aarpcard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You can steal horses in the Witcher. Is the Witcher just Red Dead Redemption?

Porter and JRE84 like this.
  8. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    itsn't cyberpunk 2077 story about a chip and its criminal/terrorist. open modern future world....more similarities but yes its like comparing witcher series to red dead.

9. Lopt

Lopt Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Different game for a different audience entirely, only similarity is that you can jack cars. This game is for more mature audience a thinking audience that loves cyberpunk and a good story.
    If you pay attention and have the knowledge it plays like a Sam Spade detective story in a Cyberpunk universe, IMO it's not designed to be a shooter looter run and gun type of game but you CAN play it that way and miss out on all that it has to offer.

Porter likes this.
  10. Lopt

Lopt Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

IMO you can think of Cyberpunk 2077 as the Witcher III with a Cyberpunk skin, it plays similar as far as the Map and all the side quests and the openness aspect, IMO the real differences are all chalked up to catering to the Cyberpunk 2020 rule set and world.

TR2N likes this.