Cyberpunk 2077 chat thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by krabman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. tlprtr19

tlprtr19 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    After TW3 i was depressed. Because I could not enjoy other games, it was that good . Downgrading unless really bad is bs. Its just game optimization to run smoothly without unecessary toll on cpu/gpu- many dont understand this.

Is it just me that I feel the so called downgraded final version looks way better than their E3 version that many talk about. I felt the final version was more colorful.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    When people talk about the downgrade, they're referring to the VGX trailer.

tlprtr19 likes this.
  3. tlprtr19

Reputations:
    Yeah I have seen this. Although it has a more cinematic feel and colors, I still feel final version is very beautiful in its own right- yeah the graphics went down a bit to make sure min specs is not a 1080ti . For me after playing TW3, this video sums it up:

I feel the realism in CP77 might finally look as good as the VGX trailer you linked partly due to gpu improvements this gen. Lets hope..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    CDPR changed the renderer after VGX, but even as late as E3 2014 they were still showing unrepresentative footage of the old renderer interspersed with the new one:

The lack of forthcomingness until they could no longer skirt the topic, that was the main complaint, not about the downgrade itself.

Anyway, the Cyperbunk 2077 hype is real. It looks like a true generational leap over Witcher 3, and I find the cyberpunk setting far more engrossing than dark fantasy. The lighting and materials work in the trailer look amazing. The primitive lighting (few dynamic sources, and lack of global illumination) and plastic looking skin shading were huge turn-offs for me in Witcher 3. Yes I'm a shallow SOB, but for singleplayer games, graphics and immersion factor are almost as important as gameplay and narrative for me. Multiplayer games, I don't give a rat about visual quality as long as it plays well. I also hope the new game is optimized better without compromising on fidelity like the last game did, although that may be asking too much from CDPR as they have never realeased a well-optimized game. Witcher 3 with HairWorks off still makes my GTX 1080 sweat even at 1080p if I keep foliage draw distance at the highest setting, and Novigrad is a stutter fest unless you have 12 CPU threads. There are many open-world games that both look and run better than TW3, so here's to hoping Cyperbunk improves in the optimization departement.

5. krabman

krabman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Still coming to grips with the idea it may still be years away... *Sob*

6. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    I'm going to say 2020 release around the launch of the Playstation 5.

7. tlprtr19

Reputations:
  8. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    play thief gold and metal age, possibly the most immersive game around.

9. tlprtr19

Reputations:
    Have played Thief 3. Thief is classic! I have just gone back to Skyrim now. Although dated textures and bland visuals compared to witcher3 its still hasn't lost it charm.

Btw have u played kingdome come (KCD)? Its amazing, gonna be my next RPG to finish.

10. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤ੮Һ૯ ცɿ૭ ૭คעٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ

Reputations: