Cyberpunk 2077 chat thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by krabman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. ratchetnclank

ratchetnclank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This was always the case as the only version the next gen consoles can get is the previous gen version run via backwards compatibility at launch.

2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  3. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah i didn't search for the leaked game videos as it would ruin it for me....videos a little click baity.

but it looks like at least one console player got the game running.

also it does look like they are targeting 60fps with the required specs...all i can say is thank gawd and doesnt suprise me as the witcher 3 runs like a dream with hairworks off while still maintaining cutting edge graphics....last time i checked i think i was getting 60-90 fps on average

5. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Claims 175 hours on a slow stealth do the side quest game and goes on to say he has 500 hours in with various builds; you would think there is some substance if true.

JRE84 likes this.
  6. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah I know I was a cynic about it also but like who would make this up eh lol....damn interwebs

7. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    New gameplay trailer, PS 4 Pro and 5 this time.

JRE84 likes this.
  8. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It would seem that the developers have declared the legacy console performance is now acceptable during a shareholder conference call. The smart people seem to think this makes the 10 December release date highly likely while my lesser mind feels that I'll be fully prepared to believe the release date when I'm downloading the game. o_O

JRE84 and cucubits like this.
  9. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I heard most if not all buildings can not be explored ect and path via text options has little or no effect.....really makes you appreciate a game like witcher 3 and GTA v, I really hope there is interesting things to check out but tbh it's looking like a closed game world rpg as far as depth goes....really disappointed

10. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You can definitely explore some of the buildings but not all, there was agreement on that point from those that were able to play the 16 hour preview. Most of those previewers were big media types like IGN which I don't have much trust for but there was a consensus that you can go into buildings where there were activities to be done across multiple floors. If anyone has posted the amount of that procedural versus hand crafted I haven't come across it. There is also the fact that they have many more quests in place, lines of dialogue, that sort of thing, than Witcher 3; you have to figure they're doing something with all that right?

I'm going to remain hopeful because I did something I rarely do, pre-ordered. I'm invested. :eek: